21.07.2020

And what is the difference with the z6 besides the memory card slots? Explain?

• @ Lex
      21.07.2020

I only see the burst speed and sync speed. Otherwise, almost the same

21.07.2020

12 fps, 10-Bit 4k for an external device, a better display, a card (though one) but faster, the price tag is much higher.
      Well, of course, in 2 years some of the functions from older cameras have crawled into the younger ones.

• Anton
        21.07.2020

I hope the z6 will drop in price, I'll take another second) if not for the continuous shooting of 4,5 frames, although in z6 5,5 with a flash it did not go far

• Michael
      21.07.2020

They also write that the matrix is ​​not BSI.

• koba
        21.07.2020

That's right, the usual matrix is ​​in it ...

• Andrey + Ch.
        21.07.2020

Yes, there is an ordinary matrix. Looks like they took from d750.

21.07.2020

Pixels with d750 do not converge, most likely just a new 24 megapixel, but without bsi

• copenhagen72
        21.07.2020

Matrix is ​​not BSI ?! Nikon decided to shoot himself in the knee? Fullframe with impotence in terms of shooting in the dark ... but who needs it in 2020?

• copenhagen72
        21.07.2020

If it's not clear what I'm talking about, here's a lowlight video comparison, Sony A7M3 vs Nikon D750

• Visitor
        26.07.2020

You would also compare with Mark 2, hospadi.

• Ivan

No top display.

2. Yuriy75
    21.07.2020

As for the entry level, it's cool, you could have a polycarbonate case and without a stub on the matrix, with one memory card, but for $ 600

Sony A7 will be released

3. Dezmond2

DHMI Type C

4. Oleg
    21.07.2020

Their whales are credited with some 24-105 / 7,1, with the second 24-50 / 6,3 over the long end. Already put super-fast 18-55 / 3.5-5.6 it will be cheaper

• Pokemon
      21.07.2020

Yes, marketers and ambassadors rubbed hard on new mounts. Type will be new "better" (with) high-aperture lenses. Just forgot to add how much lighter / darker they will be.

• Roman
        22.07.2020

Nikon's new mount is generally sad. Apart from the manual 58 / 0.95 and the ultra-compact 24-50, there is nothing fundamentally interesting. Well, yes, it's stupid to cut the support of all the old non-motorized glasses ... Someone is digging something for themselves at an accelerated pace.

• Ivan

Nikon follows Olympus.

• Visitor
        26.07.2020

Classic glasses, standard format, excellent travel zoom, good fixes, what else do you want?))

• Pokemon
      21.07.2020

Nikon has a rich fleet of old screwdriver lenses.
      Sony once offered an interesting adapter for lovers of old glasses - Sony LA-EA4. Why did Nikon spit on the owners of screwdriver lenses and didn't offer them anything?

• Alexey
        22.07.2020

“Stop raping the corpse of the old button accordion”, for the same reason the Kwanon changed the bayonet mount from FD to EF. "The giraffe is big, he knows better"

• Vitaly
        22.07.2020

This is why I switched to a Canon mirrorless camera in the D7100.
        For my screwdrivers will not use new mirrorless cameras.

• Vlad
      22.07.2020

Yes (it would be better to have made a 40 / 2.8 class pancake like a canon than this misunderstanding

• Oleg
        22.07.2020

It will also be sold separately for $ 400, I'm not surprised why their phones are eating up their market. It would be better if you put the adapter for mirror lenses for free

• Pokemon
        22.07.2020

Phones are eating away at the market for initial DSLRs and soap dishes (which, in my opinion, are already completely gone), with which people often went on vacation also thanks to articles like this:
        An ordinary person will look, think - danunafig, go and buy 108MP Samsung or Xiaomi and ... will most likely be satisfied.

22.07.2020

Exactly. I have a note on the same topic.

5. Ivan
    22.07.2020

What's the point of cutting the flash sync speed down to 1 / 200s?
    What's this? Culling shutters from more expensive sockets? Or a fundamentally new shutter?
    Just don't say that this is the entry level. For example, the Nikon D50's flash sync speed was 1 / 500s, and 50ka was certainly the entry level.

1. The D50 always has an electronic first curtain
      2. The Z5 supports FP mode, you can use any shutter speed, at least 1/8000, you just need a flash that supports this mode
      3. With a mechanical shutter, shutter speeds cannot be set below 1/320 for two curtains or 1/500 for one curtain. The minimum shutter speed is always indicated without the FP mode, That is, the shutter speed with which any flash will work

• Alexey
        22.07.2020

Maybe you need an X-Sync summary plate, you can place it somewhere in a more suitable place.

22.07.2020

She is wrong, a lot of wrong data

• Alexey
        22.07.2020

I took it from an article by a Frenchman, he writes quite literate things. but I did not check these data specifically.

• KalekseyG
        22.07.2020

And what about 1/4000 at d40, d50, d70. And without FP.

23.07.2020

You are very much confusing something. They don't have the ability to shoot at these shutter speeds with their native flash units. Elementary with an external flash beyond 1/500 the camera will not allow setting a faster shutter speed.

• Alexey
        24.07.2020

can I be sneering? )) the camera (which is kenon or nikon) will easily allow you to set any shutter speed, unless it, the camera, sees an external flash.

24.07.2020

Yes, of course, I already wrote that some Chinese flashes can work with any camera in FP mode, the main thing, as you already noted, is that the camera does not know that the flash is working, and the flash has the ability to force it to work in high-speed mode.

• Alexey
        24.07.2020

By the way, when they ask me what the sync speed is on which camera, I offer the owner a simple test - in M ​​mode, set 1 \ 1000 and then turn on / install the flash. if the camera sees a flash, it will change the shutter speed itself, just to the limit for the usual, not HSS mode. the same goes for the built-in flash.

• Sergei
        02.10.2020

Is there more delay when shooting with a fully mechanical shutter than with a shutter with a first electronic curtain?

02.10.2020

Optional, depends on the implementation method

6. Andrew Ch.
    24.07.2020

So Nikon got his own 'first-timer'. )

7. Oleg
    26.07.2020

Nowhere do they specify the following question: will the Z mirrorless hot shoe support all DSLR peripherals? For example, if I have some kind of conditional Godox AD200 with a Godox XPro-N synchronizer, will all the functionality of these gadgets be available? Including TTL and HSS?

26.07.2020

The original peripherals are supported, and what will happen to third-party manufacturers needs to be tested. But most likely everything will work as expected.

03.08.2020

I will take the Z5, but only when the price is reduced to adequate.

9. varezhkin
    18.08.2020

I hope the viewfinder will not be cut ...

10. @paderinfoto
    22.08.2020

But I was waiting for this device. In my opinion (of a wedding photographer), all unnecessary and increasing the price were cut off, leaving the important - sensible autofocus, stub on the matrix, inexpensive cards. Video? Yes, I don't need more than 1080p. BSI want? Come on! I still shoot with two D700 cameras and do not break off in terms of ISO, ancient possibilities are great, there would be hands and eyes in place. I don’t know how bad a low-resolution display will be, I don’t think it will ruin the work. I ordered myself through the pre-order program and now on the 27th, if the store does not lie, I will have this camera in my hands, I hope, on August 28 and 29 I will try it out at weddings!

• Michael
      31.08.2020

And how is he at weddings? How much better is the noise than the d700? And the colors? At the very 2 d700, but there is a limit of 1600 ISO, and then, if you shoot half-length portraits, for growth ISO 800-1000 without a strong loss of detail.

• @paderinfoto
        31.08.2020

Mikhail, the store nevertheless deceived me - more precisely, something slows down. Only tonight I received a message that the goods are ready to receive, tomorrow I will pick up food!))
        As for the iso on the D700, in my opinion, things are a little better) In a restaurant report, for example, when the hearth is ignited or for the dynamics of the flight of a bouquet - iso 2000-2500 is quite suitable, if you do not fly with the exposure and pull into LR carefully. 3200 is already the edge. Portraits in difficult conditions for optics such as 85 / 1.8G and 135 / 2.0 DC - up to iso 1250, no more risking. Yes, usually it is not required, for more difficult situations I carry a constant light with me)
        The most terribly curious about iso, I'll unsubscribe here, I'll try to hang examples. And it is very interesting how the auto-BB works there, what is the "stringiness" of the source code. Often I want to shoot some banquet things without flashes, so that the BB was adequate, not like in the 700, where it works rather “clumsy” in difficult lighting. I heard a lot of good things about the BB in the D810, but I never wanted 36MP for my tasks, and I still don't want to.
        I'm waiting in general! I promise to share my feelings!)

11. @paderinfoto
    02.09.2020

As I promised, I am sharing my impressions. I do not pretend to be a review, I am too lazy to write. I liked the camera. I expected a little worse, I was pleasantly surprised!
    1. Autofocus in simple, medium, difficult and dark conditions is much more effective than in D700, D800-810, D750, 5Dmk3. I have nothing more to compare with, it makes no sense to compare with crops. In the pitch darkness, SLRs seem to be better, more precisely, their illumination is better. In real life, the Z5's hit rate is noticeably higher than in DSLRs. How much - more prolonged practice will show.
    2. ISO - I have not tested it at weddings yet. Feels like the real numbers are three times better than those of the D700.
    3. White balance gives more real hues than all of the above.
    4. Picture and colors. Here I was surprised - nice even colors, no hooliganism, everything is somehow noble and beautiful, incl. in portraits. I do not exhibit them - these are very home shots.
    5. Convenience - I haven't enjoyed shooting for a long time, the reason for that is EVI, a small screen and a new autofocus. Buttons - I clumsily press the exposure (I want to reassign), I scour for a long time in search of ISO. Everything else is in place.
    6. Feelings in the hands - the camera looks like a strong and protected one. BUT ... You can scratch with a frown, very thinly painted. I do not plan to take rubber skins, since childhood I have been against remotes in plastic bags.
    7. No screwdriver is pain! Economically, everything is clear, Nikon wants to sell new lenses. But damn, our friends from China, make a screwdriver adapter, be people! Really, well, let's all fold?)
    8. The battery does not eat up so quickly in the photo. Of course, DSLRs are far from being non-volatile.
    9. Z5 heats up a little even when taking photos, more than DSLRs, probably it should be.
    The camera is really good, the picture is great. By the way, Adobe has not yet released support for the Z5 raves. So far, I’m getting out of the situation like this: I upload the raves into Capture NX-D, from there I export to TIFF 16 bits, and then I twist it in my favorite editor.
    So, on the very first day, I quickly ran through the garden, twisted the pictures in LR a little, and I'll try to stick a link. I processed it to my taste, but you can not criticize the processing. Portraits, if anyone wants, will be later. https://photos.app.goo.gl/PuuVFrMoiuKxAtFv7

• Michael
      02.09.2020

Thank you, we will wait for portraits)

• Pokemon
      02.09.2020

"Feels like the real numbers are three times better than the D700."
      If we look at it in full RAW resolution and with no noise reduction in the camera?
      The D700 started having noise problems after ISO 2000. At 2500 they are already noticeable.

• @paderinfoto
        03.09.2020

So far I haven’t poked around in the noises in detail. To test autofocus in the twilight, I took shots at ISO 8000. In terms of noise, the result looks something like that of the D700 ISO 1600, even prettier. In terms of detail, the Z5 is doing well at 8000.

• @paderinfoto
      03.09.2020

In the examples, I completely left Exif, you can download and watch the numbers. Optics: Tokina 100 / 2.8 macro, Nikon 35 / 1.8G, Tokina 16-28 / 2.8. On a hundred square meters, manual focus with picking is convenient for a large macro, on an average macro autofocus would be more pleasant.

12. Pavlo
    07.10.2020

Nikon Z5 - Preview - Better or Worse than Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7?