1. Rodion
    15.07.2020

An interesting lens, definitely much better than the 100-300 tokens that I had)

2. B. R. P.
    15.07.2020

Thanks for the review. Interestingly write.

3. Oleg
    15.07.2020

Thanks, informative

4. Valery Nazarkin
    15.07.2020

It was also extremely sharp and contrasting on the open aperture, the color is very colorful inherent in the Elk!

5. Roman
    15.07.2020

What's interesting ... At the start, this lens could be bought in Japan for 93 yen. In 800, 86 yen cost 1000 rubles 3 kopecks. It turns out that at the then exchange rate this lens could be purchased for 81 rubles.

• Roman
      15.07.2020

More precisely, at that time, this lens could NOT be purchased for 357 rubles. Bgggg.

• Hawthorn
        16.03.2021

In 1986, this lens cost 3 months' salary for an engineer.

• Artur
        14.04.2021

Isn't a good lens now worth 3 salaries? ... and even more ...

• Novel
        14.04.2021

This is not even the point. I don't have exact statistics for Japan, but it seems like the average salary there in 1990 was 300 yen, so you could buy three lenses with it. Another thing is what could be bought from photographic equipment for 000 rubles in the USSR then. If we take it at the official rate, it seems like Granite 357-80, which is manual, cost more than this autofocus elka.

• koba
        28.05.2021

Amazing calculations - in 1986 my father worked as an engineer, and his monthly salary was 319 rubles. I remember this well, because he always made fun of - the ruble did not reach 320 ...

• Dmitry Kostin
        28.05.2021

This is a gorgeous salary at the time.
        My father then had a salary of 200 rubles.

6. koba
    16.07.2020

It remains to add that this is the cheapest lens with fluorite glass inside, which you can generally buy and it costs about $ 280 in excellent condition.

7. German10
    21.07.2020

Roman, thanks for the review, and especially for the historical insight into the EF mount!
    Despite his age, the old man is in many ways fit!

8. York
    26.07.2020

Good lens.
    So old, noisy, weird, but light and very picturesque.

Once I had a penny in a bundle, then I sold it, then I suddenly found it again - for repair, but for free.
    And now for flowers I sometimes use the same nickle, for a walk in the sun - that's it.

9. Koba
    01.11.2021

I bought a Canon 7D especially for him, I thought that autofocus would be really very slow, and all that, but in fact it turned out that everything is very normal. Except for those cases when af ​​begins to refocus, it works fast enough for ordinary types of shooting, there are very few misses, sharpness even at open apertures is excellent, in conjunction with this camera, a very light and small set with a good tele-range is obtained. I thought that at 300mm the shutter speed should be at least 1/500, but in fact it turned out that 1/320 is quite sufficient. The Canon 7D camera itself is not very large and its grip is also not very large, even for medium hands, but it is not very annoying when shooting.