1. Pavel Gorbunov
    12.10.2019

Well, just a copy of Canon! Or is it already standard?
    And for “everyday tasks” a smartphone is better.

2. Ruslan
    15.10.2019

I had this lens with a Sony A3000 camera.
    For a whale level, a very good lens gives a sharp detailed picture, especially when shooting statics, in the dynamics of the A3000 often smeared AF.
    It was possible to compare with the A5000 and the 16-50 lens, the picture quality is almost identical, you can find some minimal differences in favor of 18-55 when studying pixel by pixel images. But at 16-50 electronic zoom is extremely inconvenient: not only does it make noise, there’s also a small lag when zooming, and you won’t go to the right focus as quickly as you would like.
    There was also the opportunity to compare with the whales from Nikon, Canon.
    For interest, I am applying the result of the comparison. Photos were taken on the Canon 1100D + 18-55 IS II, Nikon D300s + 18-55 VR and Sony A3000 + subject.
    Shooting was made from a tripod. Focus was set on all 3 lenses at 35mm, aperture 4.5, shutter speed 1/30, stubs turned on, ISO 800
    100% quality - https://yadi.sk/i/m6bG9C2IpL5NVw
    80% quality - the picture is attached to the comment

• Sergos
      17.02.2020

On devices with good hybrid focusing, it works well and has a tracking focus, even on the Nex 5P misses, as on the contrast f-ke of the a3000,3500, etc., in low light conditions, the value is less.

16.10.2019

In principle, a good whale lens for Sony E mount.
    Very affordable. -B / U can be found in good condition for $ 50-60.
    It requires good light and aperture, which Arkady has already written about here.
    In size it harmonizes well with the A3500 case.
    I recommend having, despite a number of shortcomings noted.

4. Sergos
    26.11.2019

I chose from 4 pieces and I’m very satisfied. Then I chose a friend, I’m also satisfied, I like very sharpness. And we both never worried about the sharpness at the edges either in portrait photography or in landscapes, and we don’t shoot architecture at all. Well, Nikon 18-55 according to our tests like 18-55sal, by the way the first ones from Sony a100, were very good, and about the canons, yes
    I also don’t want to say “made in vietnam”, it would be much better to hang helios on the belly. I am more and more convinced, and if we compare optical circuits, Sony doesn’t get money for nothing. By the way, 18-50, simple, cheap \ not on sale separately \, but how it draws, in the corners, the sharpness was already surprised. I think it will be the cheapest zoom from Sony on the secondary housing. So I'll leave it at 16-50 - even cheaply, you don't need to choose

5. Sergos
    17.02.2020

another one got during the exchange and even better on a nex 5n. yes and 7p is good, the matrix is ​​the same. the same 16 m-pixels in operation .. better for now the whale volume. did not come across ... did not work with fuji

• Anton
      24.04.2020

Lens for crop in full frame?

• Andrei
        12.10.2021

You seem to be confused. 7p is a sony nex 7, not a sony alpha 7 full frame camera model

• Victor
        12.10.2021

It seems that he was clearly not confused :)

Nex 7r - such a model did not exist, and sergis wrote about the full-frame a7r, in which when a cropped lens is attached, the crop mode is turned on, where the same 16MP comes out.

6. Egor
    02.02.2021

For use with more modern cameras that support hybrid focusing, the lens needs to be updated with firmware (available on the Sony website, updated simply through the body), otherwise it will focus in normal contrast mode. I myself preferred this one to the more modern plastic 16-50, sometimes I use it in tandem with the a6000.

• Victor
      02.02.2021

Roughly speaking, this lens is also made of plastic, with a thin metal “cladding”.

7. Egor
    29.12.2021

excellent lens, here they write what is better than SEL1670Z

• Victor
      30.12.2021

It's a pity the design is rather flimsy.

• Egor
        31.12.2021

Does it make sense now to take it completely new for 8t.r.?
        I will use it with A6300

• Victor
        31.12.2021

If not just new, but also with a guarantee - yes, quite.

Otherwise, look for Avito, people have enough in their hands in a new state, and for 8p you will also be given a budget camera, something like 3n or f3.