According provided by Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1: 4/200 ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN and photos from him many thanks to Ivan Koronevsky.
Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1: 4/200 ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN is a nice old telephoto lens. For its time, it was a good solution for film cameras for M42 thread. Has a fairly compact size.
For our time it is interesting with a maximum relative hole of 1: 4 and an affordable price. Many modern zoom telephoto lenses use F / 5.6 at their long end, which is one step darker than the F / 4 of the Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1: 4/200.
Main technical characteristics of Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1: 4 / 200 ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN:
|Review Instance Name||Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1: 4/200 5984565 ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN, lettering on the case LENS MADE IN JAPAN, lettering on the switch '43762'|
|Front Filter Diameter||58 mm, metal thread for filters|
|Focal length||200 mm|
|Zoom ratio||1 x|
|Designed by||for film cameras with a frame size of 24 x 36|
|MDF||2.5 meters, maximum magnification ratio 1:10|
|Number of aperture blades||6 petals. Petals are dull black. Petals form a hole in the shape of a regular hexagon.|
|Diaphragm||from f / 4 to f / 22. The lens has metallic aperture control ring.
There are marks on the ring for F / 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16, 22. You can set one additional value between each pair of numbers (except between F / 4 and F / 5.6, as well as between F / 16 and F / 22 )
The aperture ring has a MAN / AUTO switch to set the aperture to automatic or manual.
|The weight||550 grams|
|Optical design||5 elements in 5 groups|
|Hood / Covers||ASAHI OPT. Co., JAPAN Ø58 Takumar 1: 2.5 135mm 1: 4 200mm, can also be used for the Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1: 2.5 / 135 ASAHI OPT lens. CO., JAPAN
The hood is threaded, metal, screwed into the thread of the front filter. Can be installed in the opposite direction. It has a fabric sealing coating on the inside for installation in the opposite direction, in this position the cover for the front lens can also be mounted on the hood (the cover can be used with latches as well as the original cover without latches).
The original front cover also has a fabric seal on the inside, the cover without latches, just fits snugly on the outer rim of the case (not on the latches under the filter).
|Manufacturer country||LENS MADE IN JAPAN (lens made in Japan).|
|Price||About 50 cu for used option.
Prices for modern Pentax lenses can be viewed here.
Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1: 4 / 200 well assembled. The focus ring is metal, large, with ribbed edges, rotates about 225 degrees. The stroke of the ring is very smooth. During focusing, the front retractable body does not rotate. Focusing occurs by moving the entire lens block. During focusing, the focus ring remains in place (does not move forward, as with some lenses).
Important: on the bayonet side, the lens has an additional very small pinwhich is responsible for the operation of the MAN / AUTO switch. The MAN / AUTO switch only works when this pin is pressed. As a result, the MAN / AUTO switch only works when the lens is mounted on the camera, or when the rear protective cover is installed.
UPDATE: This pin should not be confused with a conventional pin for controlling the diaphragm. They are different, clearly shown in the image. by this link.
The lens is very afraid of backlight and even the hood does not help it much in this matter. In general, the image quality is not bad for an 'old school' lens.
Photos were taken by converting RAW ('.CR2') files from Canon EOS 5D using original Canon utility Digital Photo Pprofessional 4 (Canon DPP) or directly using the on-camera 'JPEG' format. Some photos were captured using a polarizing filter HOYA 58mm PL-CIR... On a Canon EOS 5D I used a lens with an adapter M42-Canon EOS. Original photos can be downloaded at this link. One photo in processing here.
I also worked with Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1: 4/200 at a small wedding, filming about 500 frames on it as an addition to the main camera / lens, several photos in my Instagramme. But in general, I expected better performance on F / 4.
How to use with modern cameras?
Lenses with mounting thread M42 (M42 X 1 / 45.5), such as the lens from this review, are very easy to use on almost any modern digital camera (both SLR and mirrorless), for this it is enough to choose the right adapter (adapter). You do not need to carry out any additional steps to modify the lens.
The cheapest adapters can be found at Aliexpress.com... There are adapters (adapters) with a chip that provide more convenience during shooting, usually chips are used to confirm focus and / or metering exposure, and form the correct EXIF. The chip does not affect the image quality in any way.
For some SLR cameras (for example, with the Nikon F-mount), you need to use adapters with a corrective lens, which allows you to focus correctly at all focusing distances. For any mirrorless cameras, such a lens is not needed, and the adapter is a simple decorated hollow metal tube with an appropriate mount.
For SLR cameras
- Canon: For cameras Canon EOS with bayonet mount EF / EF-S need an M42-Canon EOS adapter, such an adapter with a chip can be found herewithout chip here.
- NIKON: For cameras Nikon DX / FXas well as for cameras Fujifilm и Kodak with a Nikon F mount, you need an M42-Nikon F adapter, you can buy such an adapter without a lens and a chip here, with a lens without a chip herewith chip without lens here, with lens and chip here. Why a lens? Why chip?
- PENTAX: For Pentax cameras with K mount, you need an M42-Pentax K adapter, you can buy such an adapter here.
- SONY/MINOLTA: For cameras with a Sony / Minolta A mount, you need the M42-Sony A adapter, you can find such an adapter without a chip at this linkwith a chip at this link.
- OLYMPUS/PANASONIC/LEICA: For cameras with a 4/3 bayonet mount (not to be confused with Micro 4/3!) You need an M42-4 / 3 adapter, you can buy such an adapter here.
For mirrorless cameras
- SONY: For cameras with 'E'/'FE' mount series SonyNEX и Sony Alpha you need an adapter M42-Sony E (aka M42-Sony Nex), you can find it at this link. An autofocus adapter is also available for these cameras. Techart PRO Leica M - Sony E Autofocus Adapterwhich can be found at this link.
- OLYMPUS / PANASONIC / KODAK / XIAOMI: For cameras with a bayonet mount Micro 4/3 (Micro 4:3) you need an adapter M42-Micro 4/3, you can find it at this link.
- CANON M: For cameras with Canon EF-M mount need adapter M42-Canon M, it can be found at this link.
- CANON R and RF-S: For cameras with Canon RF mount need adapter M42-Canon R, it can be found at this link.
- Nikon 1: For cameras Nikon 1 Series need adapter M42-Nikon 1, you can find it at this link.
- Nikon Z: For cameras Nikon Z series (FX/DX) need an adapter M42-Nikon Z, it can be found at this link.
- FUJIFILM X: For cameras with mount X need an M42-Fuji X adapter, you can find it at this link.
- FUJIFILM GFX: For medium format cameras G-mount need M42-Fuji GFX adapter, you can find it at this link.
- SAMSUNG: For cameras with NX mount, you need an M42-Samsung NX adapter, you can find it at this link. There are no adapters for the NX mini camera yet.
- PENTAX: For Q-mount cameras, you need an M42-Pentax Q adapter, you can find it at this link.
- SIGMA / PANASONIC / LEICA: For cameras with L mount you need an M42-Leica L adapter, you can find it at this link.
- LEICA: For cameras with a bayonet mount Leica M need adapter M42-L / M, you can find it at this link.
If you have any questions on compatibility and adapters - ask in the comments (comments do not require any registration at all).
Comments on this post do not require registration. Anyone can leave a comment. Many different photographic equipment can be found on AliExpress.com.