1. Н
    23.07.2018

And if you make up one page?

23.07.2018

If you do not need to print on a spread (photos do not go from one page to another), then simply by analogy.
      If two pages flow into one another, then there are many options. One of the easiest is to make a U-turn and then “cut” it in half, taking into account the departures.

2. Vlad
    23.07.2018

Arkady, good afternoon.
    How do you prepare photobooks using “conventional design methods”? If it's not difficult, share, plz, the main methods of how the work is structured.

23.07.2018

This is a complex philosophical question, which includes the selection of photographs, the selection of themes and a long enough persistent picking in Photoshop.

3. Vladimir
    23.07.2018

Good, and most importantly "practical" article. Thanks to the author.

4. Vladimir
    23.07.2018

When a program generates a collage, frames, joints, photos are placed automatically (at the discretion of the program itself)?

23.07.2018

Yes, but after the preliminary generation, you can swap the photos in places (just drag and drop with the mouse), and also “mix” the photos and their position again. The thickness of the joints and their color is regulated there.

23.07.2018

Laying out an album in PH is cruel. There are also special programs that simplify the process and save time. InDisign for example.

• nikop
      23.07.2018

I wonder which of the photographers do not make up photos in Photoshop?

6. Taras
    24.07.2018

Better - InDesign. Better, faster and easier - Smart Albums. The answer to the previous question, which of the photographers does not make up photobooks in Photoshop is practically no one who values ​​their time.

7. Zoom zoom
    24.07.2018

aweasome!

8. What
    24.07.2018

For several years I have been using CorelDraw for layout of photo books, with export to jeep.

• Jury
      29.07.2018

CorelDraw would be good for this, but export to jpeg ... spoils the colors a lot, CorelDraw for a vector, alas, bitmap spoils for me very noticeably ...

9. Peter
    24.07.2018

For me personally, the best program for creating photo books is DG FOTO ART Gold ..

10. Alik
    24.07.2018

Why argue? Picasses are gone

25.07.2018

But probably on file washes?

12. Alexey de Paris
    27.07.2018

Thanks for this useful article! Although I do not print photobooks, I have to compose and print a collage and everything is described so well here!

13. Bogdan
    31.07.2018

I highly recommend the wonderful and functional program FotoFusion v5. There and the creation of auto-collages, and work with layers, frames, text, etc.

14. Peter Sh.
    31.07.2018

Arkady, thank you very much! I would even say many thanks!

04.08.2018

Thanks! It makes the layout work a lot easier.

16. Polo
    07.08.2018

Why don't you do it in lightroom? As I understand it, this is your main tool. I uploaded, processed, built a collection and laid it out on a photo book.

07.08.2018

I do a lot of things, Lightroom is also one of the options

21.08.2018

Great article! Thanks Arkady!

18. bigmc
    28.10.2020

I use Smart Albums (my favorite!), I make photo books and collages for social networks there. It turns out minimalistic and neat, I hate vignettes and quirks. If you need to add text, then in Photoshop I then overlay it on the exported jeep, because for some reason Smart Albums randomly shifts the normally located text to the side. Lightroom works ugly with a photobook and loads the computer heavily. The indesign seemed a bit complicated for me. I saw how a professional layout designer in Korela did photobooks, but the file size turns out to be gigantic, inconvenient. In FSH, I have to work with ready-made templates for photo albums for schools (I hate it very much ...), it's very inconvenient.