1. Vladimir
    28.02.2017

Good evening comrades!
    I choose a macro lens for shooting portraits and eyes (cool plan)
    Please tell me how much the Nikon AF 105mm f / 2.8D Micro-Nikkor is inferior in picture quality (detail, sharpness) to the 105mm 1: 2.8G lens
    the second one has a stabilizer, whether it will save a lot in macro mode and whether it is needed in good light (I’m going to shoot my eyes in the daytime, either outdoors or in the light from the window, as well as portraits)
    It's just that in the used segment the first one is cheaper by at least 20t.r)
    Avaricious pays twice or the first is not much inferior?

• Hermann
      03.03.2018

"Also, this is one of the best Nikon Nikkor lenses I've ever shot." I was impressed by the above in a perfectly detailed review. Respect to the author, works out one hundred percent! Nothing personal. I also try at work. Yesterday I decided to buy. Tested in the store. I took 100 pictures with different parameters and fantasies. Carefully analyzed at home on a computer. Definitely a disappointment! From the declared characteristics, like to the moon. The author writes: "Sharpness from the open aperture, almost zero distortion, pleasant bokeh, small chromatic aberrations, moderate vignetting on a full-frame camera, good resistance to side and backlight." Sharpness - nothing outstanding, just like my stock zoom (24-70 f2,8). The fact that it is uniform over the entire area is yes, but mediocre. For a portrait it will do, but for a "subject" or "macro" will need to "twist". Zero distortion seems to be yes. "Nice bokeh" - very blurry with a sharp transition, for an amateur. I did not like. Chromatic aberrations, which should not be there at all, flaunt in all their glory. Strong vignetting! (The camera was used by FF). Resistance to lateral and counter - like yes. The copy offered to me showed a decent and stable "Front Focus". And in general it seemed to me "dark"! In reality, when shooting “macro” f he has 3,2 - you can immediately feel it when shooting “insects” in thickets of grass in natural light. So, for a macro, “dark, for a portrait, a sharp transition to blur is associated with rough Gaussian blur. Thus: “not here and not there”! Here is such a “calico”, and this is a top-end fix for 60 kilo rubles ?! With a great deal of confidence, I suppose that the result of the “Chinese assembly for Russia” is obvious and I promise not to consider it under any sauce for the future, which is what I wish for you.

03.03.2018

1. The opinion that I get paid for reviews is wrong.
        2. A store test for 100 frames also has a place to be.
        3. The real aperture in T numbers is always less when focusing on MDF in any macro lens. The same Nikon AF Micro Nikkor 105mm 1: 2.8 (MKI) there is a change in the number F when changing the focusing distance.
        Anyway, thanks for the comment.

• Hermann
        03.03.2018

Arkady, I appreciate your reviews and recommend it to everyone as the most detailed, competent, with good examples. I ask you to consider my comment as a forced addition, taking into account current realities and exclusively as a reproach to the manufacturer - in this case Nikon. This is not only my opinion. It developed, unfortunately, from the experience of purchasing Nikon equipment in late 2017 - early 2018. It consists in the fact that Nikon has entrusted its production to Chinese "comrades", whether intentionally or not - this is an open question, which has led to a significant decrease in quality, especially recently - (2017-18). , ceased to be so. But the price is still top-notch! I believe that this should be discussed directly and without compromise. By the way, this situation applies to absolutely all eminent "Brands" that have placed their production in China. Personally, I believe that this was done deliberately and on purpose in order to reduce the cost of production of goods for countries from the former USSR and some other countries of the “lower” grade, as they believe, because there “they will buy anyway, because they don't know better ”.
        Regards to you personally, Herman.

• DmitryK
        03.03.2018

This is generally hellish evil.
        I think older readers / writers remember the quality of Japanese electronics and technology with the brand Made in Japan from the 80s and 90s of the last century.
        It was in Japan full of manufacturers of photo / video equipment and household type televisions, radio tape recorders and video recorders with music centers.
        We gave everything to China ... And where are these manufacturers now? Where is the vaunted Japanese quality?
        Why is Samsung everywhere?

• Dmitry (Moscow)
        12.01.2022

Also a bit of a delusion. I have in my hands more than 10 kopecks of K, Ai and Ai-S of different years, starting from 1978. So, only 3 were really good: 50/2 1978, 1.4 Ai-S of the late 80s and 50 / 1.2 from the last episodes of the early 2000s. At the same time, the other 50 / 1.2 - turned out to be very weak, with the software on open. Most of these 1.2s are just that. This “Japanese quality” was like that. They always had it "walked". Modern, Chinese, more equal, oddly enough. But the constructive has become very nasty, it's true: the plastic is of poor quality. After a year of operation, expensive zooms look like a shabby cat! Some of the optical characteristics of the new Nikon samples are shameful: for example, the vignetting and distortion of the new 24-70 is greater than the previous one! For example, 100-400 for system Z - it has a worse vignette than the Ai 300 / 4.5 ED, which caused a scandal in the 80s. ... But nothing, now everyone is happy, because there are built-in profiles.

• Dmitry (Moscow)
        12.01.2022

You are mistaken and misjudged this lens. He does not have the usual chromaticity. And those color artifacts that you saw are spherochromatic aberration. My Nikkor 180 ED and other good lenses also have it. You are right that at 2.8 resolution there are no special differences from the old 105 macro. But at F5.6-8 it is higher, which becomes noticeable on cameras of 36 and more megapixels. More than 8 - diffraction spoils everything equally and at 11-16 - again there is no difference. So what's the point then? In the stabilizer, and yet there is no chromaticity. That is, it is much easier to shoot with hands. And if you shoot with a tripod on the F8-22, without AF, you still can. Although, with this - you can stack from 850m at 5.6 - the contrast and detail will be noticeably higher.

07.04.2017

There is a lot of talk about why such a lens is, the one who does not know why, then he does not need to take out about 50t.rub from his wallet. … I am an amateur photographer (from the word love!) And photography is my favorite thing for my soul, in my free time from work. I shoot with this lens with the D750 camera, just for the soul….

• Jury
      09.08.2017

Alexander, are you by any chance from St. Petersburg?

07.04.2017

and a little more for the soul….

4. Mik
    02.05.2017

I looked at the nef lens files: I have a D3300 in conjunction with the Nikon 85mm 1,8 is much sharper, and the bokeh is the same.

• lech
      10.06.2017

Can I have an example?

5. Jury
    09.08.2017

Hello everyone. read the article, and even mastered the comments. There were 2 questions:
    1 - I have Nikon D750 going to buy this lens for macro, but I know that my camera has a filter that supposedly reduces sharpness. The question is - is it really worth starting to do macro with this particular camera? And will it make sense to buy a crop carcass but without a filter.
    2 question - I read that this lens made by Japan is distinguished by better sharpness than its Chinese counterparts. Is it so? Or it depends more on the specific lens.

• maugli
      09.08.2017

Do not pay attention to the absence / presence of this filter, just shoot, you have a great camera.

• Jury
        09.08.2017

Just above Alexander posted a couple of his photos with a lizard - the photos are undeniably beautiful, very beautiful, but this is not a macro, but I want straight portraits of insects with their antennae and faceted eyes

• maugli
        09.08.2017

Go to flickr or 35photo.ru and see what pictures people take on this lens. You will understand that this technique can do a lot, the question is the skill of the photographer.

6. Iurii boichenko
    01.10.2017

Is it possible to find out how this lens behaves in portraiture? Pliz

7. Alexey
    07.12.2017

Good day. Please tell me, can this Objective be used not only for macro photography but also for family photos and nature photos? On the Nikon 3200.?

07.12.2017

Good afternoon. Yes, of course you can.

8. Alexey
    14.01.2018

Good afternoon! What advise is the flash (specifically for macro shooting) for this lens?

15.02.2018

When buying a 105 mm af-s macro, it is possible to hand over 60 mm af-s macro to the seller and get a discount. Do you think it makes sense to leave both lenses, or can I pass 60 mm with a clear conscience?

10. Elena
    15.04.2018

Good afternoon! Faced the fact that when working with micro Nikkor 105 mm in A mode, the exposure meter overexposes the frame by 0.3-0.7 ... Have you encountered such a situation?

• Robot1524
      15.04.2018

Hello! It happens - with different lenses, the automatic will either overestimate or underestimate the exposure. It depends on the properties of a particular lens, in particular, on lens coating.

• Elena
        15.04.2018

Thanks! That is, the lens is working, is everything all right? I checked the diaphragm, it closes correctly. Overexposure occurs with all types of metering

• bigmc
        08.04.2020

Then look at the exposure correction in the camera, have they been put there as a plus?

• BB
        08.04.2020

would you look at the post date ...

• bigmc
        07.07.2020

Even now I will not look at the date of your comment, but I will answer: it’s not useful to this commentator, but to another with a similar problem.

03.10.2018

No lens, to be honest - in conjunction with the Nikon d700, there can be no talk about any sharpness on the MDF, by the way, Helios 44 with rings gives a better result in terms of sharpness and blur. Autofocus is terribly slow and sometimes can't find something to catch on. In general, I dumped a lot of money and regretted it a hundred times ... Do not resell without loss - very specific glass

13.10.2018

Helios 44? Compare with 105mm ?? Yes, and with Nikon? Or you have a cataract or you are just a troll

• Arthur
        23.10.2021

I compare the final result, namely in macro. This Nikon is not suitable for macro

• Victor
        23.10.2021

Your wish will be forwarded to the head office of the company, Nikon specialists will remove the “micro” prefix from the lens name, as well as any mentions from the description regarding macro photography.

12. Anna
    12.12.2018

Good afternoon! I received a lens today, the order was via the Internet, that is, without the ability to test. It is embarrassing that the sound of the motor is very audible and a click when it turns on and off. I already have one lens with VR (24-120), the motor can be heard only in complete silence and with an ear. Now all in doubt, what to do, is this the norm or is it better to send it back? How crucial is this? My camera is a D750

12.12.2018

The click probably occurs when the stabilizer is turned on, and not the focus motor

• Anna
        12.12.2018

The click is heard immediately after half-pressing, then the noise of the motor or stabilizer, after full pressing, or if I release the button again, the click and the noise stops. It is difficult to explain, but even in the description of Arkady, SWM (Silent Wave Motor) is indicated - a silent wave (ultrasonic) focusing motor. I'm just wondering if this is a defect or is it permissible, I need to do something about it or leave it as it is ...

12.12.2018

Turn off the stabilizer and listen again, maybe a defect. A stub on some lenses is audibly audible.

12.12.2018

Stabilizer clicks on and off

• Igor
        29.08.2020

Anna, good day. Are you still working with this (noisy) lens? Have you asked for repairs? Why I ask, yes, because I have the same problem. The stabilizer clicks when turned on and off and makes a lot of noise. I took a used one. I don't know now what to do then (

• Dmitry (Moscow)
        12.01.2022

Don't do anything. Or sell it if you like. It should make a noticeable noise. The new 70-200 also hums with a stabilizer - but its efficiency is higher.

13. Peter
    12.12.2018

To be honest, I was disappointed with the purchase. Took in Germany, but also made in China, and the quality is appropriate. I really do not like friging, just a disaster. Nikkor AF 60 mm 2,8 D gives a much better picture in conjunction with the Nikon D7200.

14. Tassya.Mo
    10.01.2019

I take pictures of everything on it)) a portrait portrait is excellent (for those who have doubts), it’s always with me when traveling, my favorite.

15. Alexey
    16.04.2019

When I fully press the shutter button and the shutter fires, the picture in the viewfinder seems to tremble and shift a bit, is this a real problem, or is it considered normal? Who also has the same situation?

• ninja
      27.04.2019

this is the work of the stabilizer, all the rules

• Denis
      15.08.2022

Alexey, the shift occurs if the stub is turned on in Active mode (for shooting from a car, etc.). Switch to Normal and you will be happy :)

09.08.2019

'increase memory n150 nikon corp., japan nikon e5600'. with 512 megabytes and as much as possible in technical parameters if possible….

17. Votarist
    21.12.2019

What is the best lens in terms of photo quality and performance Nikon 105 mm & Sigma Sigma 105mm F / 2.8 Ex Dg Os Hsm Macro For Nikon? If anyone had these lenses, please write. There is very little plausible information about the Sigma 105 mm, but foreign reviews have good reviews and positive reviews about it.

18. Olga
    07.05.2020

Help with a choice: toss between d and g versions 105 f / 2,8. Needed for a high-quality large portrait, possibly a subject. Is it worth doubling over for an older model?

07.05.2020

yes, worth it. A portrait is better than 85 / 1.8G, and a subject (depending on the truth) can be removed for something else.

• Olga
        08.05.2020

The portrait is interested in large and very large (like head, eyes). Therefore, I considered that 85 is a bit short. The subject matter is mainly small objects, flowers, bugs. Can you advise something? Of course not at an astronomical price)))

08.05.2020

105 from 85 is not much different in angle. Under the large 135 / 2.0 (expensive) and 180 / 2.8 (cheap and just right for this thing fits perfectly), 80-200 (mk3).
        You can of course, as a compromise, take this 105 micro. You can also look at Sigma Macro 150 2.8 (just very good in focal length) and Sigma 180 2.8 Macro. But the subject of 150 and 180 mm is already difficult to remove.
        This is a common question (they say I want both macro and subject and portrait with one lens), and therefore there is no simple solution.

• Olga
        08.05.2020

Personally, I initially considered still options 105 f / 2d, 135f / 2d and 80-200 f / 2,8 mk2 or mk3

• Alexey
      07.05.2020

I shoot on the D version on the kenon - there are no questions about the quality.

19. bigmc
    26.07.2020

Good day! The hood mount on this lens is loose, it practically does not hold. Temporarily solved the issue with a piece of paper to seal the thread. Besides buying a new blend (on Ali), are there any ways to solve the problem in a collective farm? Maybe you heard?

• Dmitry (Moscow)
      12.01.2022

Sell ​​and buy a new one if the lens hood is critical. It is possible, theoretically, to replace this part in the service, but I would not recommend it.

• Dmitry (Moscow)
      12.01.2022

If you don't want to sell, just tape it up.

• Dmitry (Moscow)
      12.01.2022

And the third option: try the HN-23 threaded hood (I can't guarantee 100%, but most likely it will work).

20. Gennady
    17.12.2020

I was just going to buy such a lens, but I read a lot of comments here, saw enough examples, and I feel that I don't want to. But then he once again thawed his soul from the “background” in one of the comments. Always wanted to know how you manage to get it out? )))

21. Arthur
    14.03.2021

I had such a lens, except for disappointment, it left nothing behind. I bought it new, for Nikon d700 just under the macro. The picture is somehow flaky, it is impossible to work in manual mode - the ring travel is very small. kenon 40d with helios 44 and rings gives a sharper and more beautiful picture at times.

• Dmitry (Moscow)
      12.01.2022

Almost all macros have a short stroke closer to infinity. Including 200/4 Ai, 105 AF-d and others. This is a feature of their design. And I will try Helios with rings - somehow it did not even occur to me.

22. Anton
    15.03.2021

Hi, I shoot a lot on macro in the studio, having this object with d800, and in the past a new 90mm tamron is new, I decided to change the system to Pentax 645z, and to my surprise when buying 120mm macro f4 there is a constant aperture at all values, along the physics the other in sf. I decided to share

15.03.2021

the drop in the real number F is simply not taken into account