1. Oleg
    08.01.2016

Yesterday I shot in the rain on Kenon 6D with 50 / 1.8 and the Mets-58 puff. Drops froze on the carcass, flash and lens. He took out the battery at home, and dried it.
    Protected camera, flagship flash, fiction plastic lens. So there is less fear, comrades :)

2. Juras
    10.01.2016

Will you take pictures ??? Good gentlemen ... One good shot can cost one lens and will glorify you for centuries ...

3. Dmitriy
    11.01.2016

Excellent article!
    Many thanks to Arkady for the work done!
    Sincerely, Dmitry.

13.01.2016

Because of the torment with files from canon, I have been looking closely at switching to Nikoncrop for a long time (the d500 especially tempts) and thought to buy him 24 1.8 as a thirty-five. I saw a seal in the photo - I was already delighted ... But here. eh…. What are they - damn it? “Let’s have oil dripping on the matrix and there will be no optical protection standards and other technical jambs, but we will use ancient sensors with non-stretching raves”.

• MIROGOR
      18.04.2016

If you like it, take it! I have been shooting with D300, rev.N-18-200, for 8 years now (I dream of D810) and am satisfied. I shoot mainly when traveling, of course it happened in the rain. And more than once. And everything is fine! Nothing was locked anywhere. For me, the main quality of the picture. Nikon's picture is more pleasant to me. I've read somewhere that more than 70% of photojournalists in the world shoot on Nikon.

14.01.2016

seals in pictures? It is necessary to the doctor urgently! Suddenly what is bad

6. Michael
    23.01.2016

If the same Nikon makes binoculars with protection (the same optics), then, if desired, you can make Water Protect lenses for DSLRs:

“Waterproof [model] (up to 5 minutes at up to 2 meters) and anti-fog design with O-rings and nitrogen filling.”

7. scif
    12.05.2016

The rubber seal on the bayonet mount of NIKON lenses is generally just for beauty .. install on the camera and see what kind of clearance !!! under the shower I was flooded with a bayonet and contacts, although I used nikkor 24-70 2.8G

8. Aleks
    30.05.2016

Thank you so much for the information. I’m just trying to decide on the system and I used nikon several times, but I didn’t even have to look into the instructions (and I like the picture and “stretch”). I am always carried in a downpour, then up to my throat in the water, and on the coast, especially in autumn and spring along the coast, a real blizzard of sand .... And here's the news for you there are no protected lenses. I haven't decided yet. Of the pentaxes, I can now only reach k-s2, but the functionality is cut and the view is poor. And I am always drawn to shoot from non-standard angles…. I want a rotatable screen. I had one of those that spins in all directions, but in my opinion it is not as convenient as tilt screens, it interferes ... ..

9. Dezmond2
    01.08.2016

But what about these?

“Lightweight magnesium die-cast barrel with dust and moisture resistance, it's ideal for photographers in the field shooting motor sports, outdoor athletes, wildlife and much more”

“Light and durable magnesium die-cast barrel and professional-grade dust- and moisture-resistant construction delivers a lifetime of reliability, and its exceptional performance makes it an optical masterpiece”

01.08.2016

Thanks. Added information to the article.

However, information is being manipulated. On the sites indicated only for the super telephoto about the security of the lens, while in their instructions on security there is nothing.

For example, for the top new 24-70E on the same http://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/camera-lenses/af-s-nikkor-24-70mm-f%252f2.8e-ed-vr.html

It is written:

Built for demanding professionals
      Capture the shot regardless of environment
      With a highly durable build quality designed to withstand the severest shooting environments, Fluorine coatings on the front and rear elements for easy cleaning, a rear rubber gasket to help keep moisture out, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f / 2.8E ED VR is ready for your toughest assignments.

Specifically, they do not write about protection, they move out to the fact that the lens is designed to withstand difficult conditions, and then they move out specifically for enlightenment. And the manipulation is completed by a beautiful picture with seals. On the other hand, it is clear that the lens is protected.

10. Koba
    25.07.2017

So I finally decided: I took my old Pentax K-5 with a Pentax 50-200 WR lens (not to be confused with the DL version! Mine has a red stripe!) And put it in the water for the whole night. In the morning I cleaned it, not including leaving it to dry for about an hour, and turned it on. Everything works, nothing is buggy. The mileage of the camera is about 200000, if it dies, I thought it was okay, this in a state of almost new in China now costs 260 dollars, and I immediately bought the lens for a ridiculous 60 dollars (although sometimes it is sold for all 100 green!). I did this trick because many times I shot with this set in the pouring rain and nothing ever happened, even in a wet state the device worked without problems. I think that the same trick can be done with many other cameras, such as the Nikon D300, 300s, 700, D7100, D7200, D7500, but I'm not sure about the lenses, they will most likely let water through. I also think the same can be said about the Canon 7D of all versions, with the exception of the lenses from Canon. And here's a shame - if Pentax can put high-quality seals in a penny lens (it's also only 250 grams!) And make it really protected, why do Nikon and Canon marketers forbid their engineers to do this? Personally, I think that they do this in order to reduce the overall service life of the equipment in order to sell them more often, as well as to make customers pay more for the service, that is, for their carelessness in work, let's say so.

11. mixamotu
    14.11.2017

Guys and uv. Alexey-san! I, of course, lagged behind the thread, but I will tell you one thing: there is no such thing as waterproofing on lenses in practice ... Everything is the same in business, we had canons and nikons and even petax. They shoot everything in the rain, with unpredictably different success, but anyone will sink in the water. He himself drowned the mark4 with 200L and d3s ... By the way, they were successfully repaired later)

• KalekseyG
      14.11.2017

Probably it meant - Arkady-san. Well…

• mixamotu
        15.11.2017

I don’t mean specialized ones) Arkady has nothing to do with it, because Alexey argued something about canon above.

12. Jeka
    30.01.2018

It’s interesting, but if you pull the passport from the tape recorder to the joint between the lens and the camera?