1. Lyudmila
    04.05.2019

Expensive time of day!
    Tell me what to choose in the form of a staff for Nikon d750 ??
    24-85 f3.5-4.5 or 24-120 f4 ?? I rent more often than people, children. There are 50 f1.8 available (I haven’t accumulated by 24-70 yet)), but something more universal is needed, mainly for children holidays.
    I also look closely at 85 f1.8.

• Onotole
      04.05.2019

I agree, now everything is expensive, and time too ...
      Take 24-120, yet it will be of higher quality.

• Lyudmila
        04.05.2019

For matinees in kindergartens and school events will not be dark ??? only this stops and leads to a dead end

• Onotole
        04.05.2019

Of course it’s a bit dark, but you yourself outlined the scope of the choice.
        24-70 bites, and the fixes are not universal.
        Maybe the most competent approach to the situation is 24-120 + 85 / 1,8 for rooms that are especially bad in terms of light.
        In general, from experience, you have chosen 85 correctly - this focal one provides the desired approximation in medium-sized assembly halls, and it is quite democratic and not too slow. But it alone is not enough, to get different sizes you run up to corn, and if you change back and forth for fifty dollars, then miss a million moments.
        I always take 70-300 4,5-5,6 VR, 85 / 1.4, and 35 / 1,8 for such events. And the main one is 70-300, just a higher ISO, that's all. 85 / 1,4 for neglected cases and individual portraits, 35 / 1,8 - for group, and then - when places are close to each other.

• Lyudmila
        05.05.2019

Thanks for the detailed answer!!
        I watched another 80-200 2.8 the other day, well, I liked it very much, but it's heavy and I'm afraid that it will be a bit too much for fr ... although for school halls, probably norms))
        I won’t decide what will be more convenient

• Onotole
        06.05.2019

Yes, 80-200, with all its indisputable advantages, may not be that. 70mm to 70-300 helped out more than once - a little more and something did not fit, from 80-200 there will be even more such moments. Its weight will definitely interfere and at 2.8 it is already quite thin DOF, even at a great distance: there is little joy when out of, say, 3-5 people on stage, there will be only 1 in sharpness.

• Oleg
        08.12.2019

Thin influenza can interfere, if you can always squeeze to any value, at least the same 5,6. What is the problem?

• Sergei
        02.12.2020

I see you have experience using 35 / 1.8 G for a full frame, can you tell me how it behaves in group photos of people? Stretches the faces of the extreme or not? I am a school wedding photographer, now I shoot the reportage part on D500 from 17-55 / 2.8, portraits and general photos on D750 from 80-200 / 2,8 and 50 / 1,8
        In principle, fifty dollars is enough on the street, there is where to go, but in classes it is not always, I think to buy 35 / 1.8 for this to replace half, but will the purchase upset me?

• BB
      09.03.2020

Decided, bought?

2. PETER
    30.05.2019

This glass came to me as a kit with Nikon D750. And as a staff member, it honestly worked on all trips (filming exclusively for myself). Later, 28-300 appeared. These are DIFFERENT glasses. first of all by the picture. As a result, when the weight does not matter, then 24-120 plus 80-200 2,8 d (or 70-200 f4), Last year it was TAMron 24-70 2,8 (he took fifty dollars from his backpack with a stub) + 80 -200. 28-300, which he took after reading ken, lies on the shelf. Since if weight matters, then mikra (omd em1 mk-2) forever ... Well, the video has not been canceled

3. Hristina
    25.08.2019

Good day. I have Tamron 28-75 2,8, I want to change it for this lens. Is it worth it? Feel the difference in sharpness?

25.08.2019

On F / 4 you will hardly feel. But Tamron at F / 2.8 is worse than this Nikon at F / 4. But in general, Nikon 24-120 / 4 is more interesting.

• Hristina
        25.08.2019

What’s more interesting?

25.08.2019

A stabilizer, more reliable focusing, a significantly wider range of focal lengths (both in the wide-angle range and in the tele-range). And with native lenses there is always less of any trouble.
        Usually the 28-75 / 2.8 should be changed to the more advanced 24-70 / 2.8, from the inexpensive ones it is the Sigma 24-70 / 2.8 HSM.

4. Eugene
    04.09.2019

I have been fond of photography not so long ago - about three years. To be honest, after purchasing this lens, everything was divided into before and after. I readily believe that class 24 (28) -70 lenses are better, but for the amateur this one is very good. As a result, I left myself a fix 50 mm 1.4 and nikon 70-210 f4 I sell the rest.
    ps There is certainly a dream to take Nikon 70-200 / 4G

5. Valentine
    18.09.2019

The link to download files does not work

6. Ivan
    07.11.2019

Hello, I’m renting weddings, but for a cafe I need an objective zoom, the choice fell on either Nikon 24-85mm 1: 3.5-4.5G vr B / W -12 thousand, or Nikon 24-120 / 4G -24 thousand b / y? What to choose, is it worth it to overpay for Nikon 24-120 / 4G? I have tamron 35 mm 1.8 and sigma 135 mm 1/8 fixes.

27.11.2019

Hello Arkady!
    Need a wide angle for shooting landscapes. The Nikon 24-120 / 4G and Nikon 20 / 2,8 D offer both at the same price and in perfect condition. I think that fixing the image quality will be better (but not sure), the difference in the focal length of 4 mm is not critical for me. Zoom can still be used as a universal staff. Advise, help to decide.

• BB
      27.11.2019

20 and 24mm - the difference is noticeable. You need a shirik - take 20mm, you need a station wagon - 24-120. No one but you knows your priorities.

29.01.2020

As the main Nikon AF-S 28-70mm F2.8D ??? that's just these lenses 28-70mm F2.8D, 24-70mmF2.8 are stupid pangs! tell me often you use a hole 2.8? It is unlikely that. 24-120mm is the best and most universal staff for Nikon on FF.

• Pokemon
      29.01.2020

28-70 / 2.8D and 24-70 / 2.8G - goofy bandura?
      Strongly said. Did you shoot them?
      Universal doesn't mean the best. And it's not about 2.8.

29.01.2020

With this logic, both 1.8 and 1.4 are not needed, so who is shooting at such apertures?

9. Igor
    12.07.2020

Strong dimming at the edges of the frame when working with 750, on the DX everything is fine.

• Vlad
      11.08.2020

And how are you doing with the sharpness on the HH? Can it resolve 24 megapixels on crop?

• Vlad
        11.08.2020

In general, does it make sense to take the 5600-18 as a staff for the d55?

• Ivan
        11.08.2020

As a standard one, it is not suitable for the crop for the initial focal length (24 mm), but if this is not an inconvenience, then nothing prevents you from using it on your D5600.

• Pokemon
        12.08.2020

Not. But! If you are going to go full frame in the near future, then yes, it makes sense. If you do not plan, then you can buy Sigma / Tokinu / Tamron / Nikkor with a constant aperture of 2.8 and approximately the same focal points as the whale. All reviews of this type of lens are on this site.

• BB
        13.08.2020

The quality is noticeably higher if the weight and dimensions do not scare you. Well, as written above 24mm.

• Vlad
        15.08.2020

The main question: is its resolution enough for a pixel density of 24 megapixels of a crop? Will I lose in sharpness compared to DH lenses of the same class?

• Roman
      31.08.2020

On my D700, only the upper right and left corners are vignetted ...

10. BB
    13.08.2020

F = 98mm, f / 4

26.08.2020

Judging by your examples, the lens gives soap. The sources cannot be downloaded. I don't see the point of storing the sources on the Mile from which you constantly delete the sources

12. Lee
    29.08.2020

Hello. Can you please tell me for a crop 3200 I look after 18-80 DX or 24-120 (as in the article). More for reportage photography. Which one is better to take?

• Lee
      29.08.2020

18-70 sorry

30.08.2020

24-120 is better, but on crop it will not be very wide at 24mm.

13. Oleg
    05.09.2020

Hello everyone, I want to buy this lens on Nikon d90, it has focal lengths, constant aperture f4, fast and tenacious af, especially in comparison with the whale 18-105, and the price for a set of 9-11 thousand UAH, for shooting indoors I have an external flash. I also understand that it will be too narrow on the crop, but it suits me. I photograph my two daughters (reportage of matinees in the kindergarten, walks and all that). So the question for knowledgeable people is whether it is worth buying it for the old man d90? I also plan to buy a fix 85 1.8d. Well, I'm thinking of taking an old man ff d700 or a new crop d7100 someday (the budget is not like a rubber one). I would be very grateful to everyone for the advice, I choose only my own optics.

• Oleg
      05.09.2020

I would also like to hear the opinion of Arkady on this matter, and maybe some advice on optics price-quality. Thank you in advance

• BB
      10.09.2020

If you are not afraid of weight and dimensions - take it. The quality is noticeably higher than that of the 18-105 / 140. I myself recently shot them on the D7200 (when a wide angle was not needed, but good detail was needed).
      If you don't plan to switch to FF - look towards 16-85 from Nikon, or cheaper 17-50 / 2,8 from Sigma / Tamron

14. Roman
    13.09.2020

On the D700, with an open flash and in the “wide” range, casts a shadow ...