14.01.2018

I make an adapter from plastic to micro 4/3 (Olympus, Panasonic). The adapter consists of two parts, in one the lens is fixed, the other with a micro 4/3 mount. Focusing occurs by screwing and twisting one part from another. If anyone is interested in acquiring write mezhevskiy@mail.ru.

20.01.2018

Thank you for a very objective detailed article about this lens. It is very interesting and informative.

• Rodion
      20.01.2018

Here, perhaps, the only normal reviews on the Contax RF optics.

3. Vladislav Almazkin
    28.04.2018

I use it for macro shooting, I really like it. I use by gluing a macro ring M42 + adapter to Nikon.

4. Victor
    22.09.2018

Good afternoon, Arkady! What can you say about this adapter: http://photar.ru/eshhyo-bolshe-adapterov-dlya-sony-e/ ? The Nikon S seems to have been copied from Contax too - so maybe such optics will finally be able to give a second life?

22.09.2018

May fit

08.08.2019

I heard once at a lecture on photography at the Polytechnic that this is an inverted projection lens from a slide projector, so sharp.

6. Dimentium
    28.11.2019

Thanks for the sensible review.

7. Nick
    06.03.2020

This is horror, so much about stolen, scoops and so on. Please delete my comment along with the trash. I was looking for rangefinder lenses, as I plunged into the garbage of a politota.

• Andrei
      13.10.2020

Write a comment to ask to delete a comment in it? To the hospital, urgently! As a victim of politota)))

8. Yana
    10.06.2020

Good afternoon. You write that these lenses were not manufactured on the thread. So: I have such a Helios with an M42 thread :) Maybe the copy is just redone, because thread metal is slightly different in color.

Also, a question for you: you write “constantly happened to confuse the focus ring and aperture by touch”, although it does not have a focus ring. Because of what I manage to find focus only at one point (a little more than a meter from the object). The frames are narrow, for a portrait (on my cropped canon) - generally quite cramped, more suitable for subject shooting. Street shots, as in your examples, will definitely not work - they will be out of focus. What am I doing wrong?

10.06.2020

Focus ring on a homemade adapter made from part of a film camera mount. What are you doing wrong? - use a rangefinder lens on a SLR camera, because of this, shooting only in the macro range (a large difference in flange focal lengths).

13.10.2020

They forgot to mention that Helios 103 has one of the highest resolution among Soviet lenses. Today, on various trading platforms, you can find inexpensive adapters for most mirrorless cameras at very low cost - they are made mainly from old Kiev in Ukraine and Poland. Quite high quality ones come across. Through this adapter, on full-frame Sonya, for example, the lens is quite good - sharp, “concrete”, while drawing a portrait well (still 53 / 1,8 in a full frame!) But you need to carefully choose the background - with a pockmarked or variegated background bokeh is nervous. But this can also be used for artistic purposes. In general, on the camera under which it was made - Kiev 4m lens is good, especially on slide film. And the most interesting thing is that the color rendering is quite modern.

• Rodion
      13.10.2020

Honestly, I did not particularly find the listed advantages in this lens, except for bokeh (and whether it is an advantage is also a question). The resolution does not differ much from Helios-44 in the center, along the edge of 103 it is better, of course, somewhat. Enlightenment at the lens is useless at all - it does not cope with light, gives a dense veil and bad gray color. At the same time, his lenses are blackened and all that ... Presumably, 81H is better.