1. Vladimir
    15.01.2017

Thank you, Arkady, for the quality review. I purchased a Sony A7 just recently without reading this review (maybe it kept me from buying). If possible, Arkady, help me deal with the emerging problem: for a very long time (seconds) the image is being recorded from the matrix to the memory card. To take the next frame, you must wait for the recording to finish. Why is this happening: did you get such an instance or some camera settings were not made, or maybe you need to update the firmware (I have Ver.1.02 firmware)?
    How can this problem be solved?
    Thanks. All the best to you!

16.01.2017

This is how the camera is arranged, try faster cards, format the existing card through the camera menu.

• Anton
        16.01.2017

Good afternoon Arkady) there is an extensive question) I wanted to consult with you. is it possible vk, skype or somewhere else?)

• Anton
        16.01.2017

The question is in the choice between 610 Nikon or the transition to Sonya specifically for the video) or write here?)

16.01.2017

yes, of course you can, there are contacts here https://radojuva.com/about-radojuva/

• Vladimir
        18.01.2017

Thank you, Arkady, I was interested in the owners of Sonya a7, no one had such a long (3-5 seconds) image storage. I use a Sonevsky high-speed 16 GB memory card formatted on this device. I think there are two possibilities: if it’s not the settings, then it’s a malfunction. Unfortunately, in Kharkov SONY SC is not at the level, I really rely on your knowledge and experience.

• Demyanov
        13.04.2018

Change the map, and that's all. 16GB is infa about nothing, you need to look at the write speed on it. And it is better not to memorialize Sonia, but the same transcend.

2. Amateur
    02.02.2017

Is it worth it to change the Nikon 7200 to this camera?) for the sake of high-quality pictures and fast autofocus?

• Lynx
      02.02.2017

Fast af? Does Aunt Sony have ?? O_o

07.01.2018

for the sake of fast autofocus, you can only change the d500

3. Vladimir
    28.02.2017

Arkady, the instructions state that Sony a7 has ultrasonic vibration cleaning the matrix. How to configure and make sure that it works? I do not listen to the characteristic rustle. I even read that it is not in this model. Please clarify this question. Thanks.

4. Alex non
    14.08.2017

Arkady, what adapters did you use for Nikon and M42? And the corners don't vignette?

• Edward
      15.06.2018

I use such an adapter, it depends on the lens
      if it is an ultra-wide angle, then there may be spots at the edges
      for example zenitar 16mm fish eye (under nikon) using an adapter gives a black spot in the lower right corner
      I have not seen this with other lenses, standard zooms, 50, telephoto lenses - everything is ok

5. VLAD
    29.09.2017

ALL MUST READ !!

Sony Ukraine has 1 single certified or official EPC service center for brand Vovka 18a in Kiev. The rest of their service only deal with single-lens soap dishes.

I phoned the EPC repairman (he is only one there for 13 years) and agreed that I was going to Kiev, I would bring a camera, so that while I was in Kiev he would do everything. I took the camera because of the autofocus adjustment of the minolta 85 1.4 d + LA4 had front focus. On the phone, the repairman said the business was in 5 minutes. I brought a camera - when it was received by absolutely wooden personnel, the camera lay with a matrix on top for 30 minutes (a lot of dust was poured), but not the point. So the conclusion of the repairman - the adjustment could not be done because the YUSB port is not connected, for this reason he disassembled the camera to find out the reason, it turned out that there was just such a glitch in the camera. I offered to replace the entire fee, I agreed, but I had to wait 2 weeks, and at that time I had a wedding filming in 4 days, and Arkady with Sony a7p)). I had to refuse and just pick up the camera. Of course, I had to pay for everything, but when I took the camera away, it turned out that the plugs fell out where the YUSB was. I called the master in response and said that it was on all cameras of the 7 series, I argued with him for a long time that this was not possible, etc. In total, he went to disassemble the camera again and came out with the words, "and the truth is, it turns out that you can tighten these plugs on these cameras," he turned the camera around and left. Of course I was shocked ... But this is all bullshit. When we went to take pictures at night on the same day, the aperture wheel turned out to be inoperative. On the trail. the day didn’t get to come to the service, as it was a constitution day holiday, and the train was sent. I waited until the working day, and sent them a camera to fix this problem. I was terribly crap on the phone by a repairman, supposedly I came up with it all. But that's all) I get a camera on the 18th of this month, with the broken down, but with a crack on the case, where the bolts were spinning, and of course there are scratches. And a piece of paper)) that when the camera was received, a crack was already found on the case)) The crack was just under the bolts. I was not that shocked ... I am told that this may be the fault of the Thurman Express service (theirs full delivery officer) to whom they asked them to send the camera, but the service absolutely does not take responsibility for what is in the box. I wrote, called the support service, in Sony - they don't care for the service.
    And the SERVICE is not responsible, as they are supervised by the Sony company.
    It has been 1 month since my last visit to Kiev, and there are still disputes with Sony's company, which does not want to do anything.
    they don’t have a direct number to call
    EPC service says - we can't do anything without Sony Ukraine
    and Sony says, well, the crack was made before visiting the serv, that's all)) ...
    Of course I'm trying to convey to them that the crack is exactly where the yusb and the bolts were spinning.
    There is such a place that it is simply impossible to break it
    SO THAT NEVER TAKE ANYTHING FROM SONIA) my advice
    so I brought the camera to Kiev)) just for tuning)))

15.10.2017

It's better not to buy Sony for such lospeed like you, yes ...

• Sanya
        30.12.2017

What kind of negative attitude towards people ?!

• Demyanov
      13.04.2018

Vlad, there is no normal repair of photographic equipment in the CIS, something does not work - sell and buy new, working. No other is given. Otherwise, it's a lottery.

6. Edward
    13.04.2018

I am the recent owner of this camera (besides it there is a Nikon D800)
    The camera seemed quite an interesting designer
    Autofocus - bad (for DSLRs) - but not hopeless, it is good that it covers more of the frame than the D800. In terms of speed and work in the dark, the D800 is very far, but in most cases it is enough
    I note that autofocus is much better here than in Nikons - when they shoot live
    With a whale - lightweight, fairly compact, but the image quality is not very impressive
    Comparable to APS-C DSLRs with whale lenses.
    Upset - a plastic bayonet (600r is a replacement for metal) - but they could have put a normal one right away - they put it in the A7M2
    buttons are small, not very comfortable
    I am glad that there are 3 steering wheels.
    The ihmo exposure wheel does not make much sense - it only takes up space, it would be better if they did it like in Nikon (button + control wheel) - and instead of it there are more buttons
    Video recording button - terrible and not very conveniently located
    The screen - with large frames around, and the frame on the right is larger than all the others (almost 1 cm!)
    Requires a fast flash drive, tk blocks viewing frames when recording to a flash drive
    Controlling shooting modes only through the menu (single, series, etc.) - it would be better if it were separate and exposure with a keyboard shortcut

Well, in general - an interesting constructor with a low weight, it can work with almost all available optics, while autofocus will be normally available on Sony A, Sony E, Canon EOS
    - there are also autofocus adapters for Nikon - but they do not work with all optics - I decided that it is better to shoot with a manual (maybe my optics for Nikon will not work in automatic mode)

+ The matrix copes well with high ISO

there is an application for the phone - useful when traveling
    of the minuses - still native Sony E optics - more precisely, its prices - in the secondary market they are 2-3 times more expensive than optics for Canon and Nikon. - but you can just shoot with Canon optics

Native flashes are also expensive - but there is an adapter for the sony minolta - a shoe - while TTL should work - which pleases

In general, I don’t regret the purchase, but as the only camera I would not recommend to anyone
    Canon 5d, 6d and nikon D610, d750 + will be better, since they have less adventure
    if you want something light - crop is better

As a second camera - it is almost perfect (the same is true for the entire A7 series)
    You can try with it, almost all the lenses on the market, and often even with working autofocus

• Edward
      15.06.2018

noticed some more features
      1) working with color - green is completely unnatural when there is a lot of it
      those if you photograph something where there is a lot of greenery - then the camera makes bright green colors significantly muted, and this is very noticeable, very unusual after Nikon - everything is just the opposite - green can be brighter than it is, but in general it is never strongly distorted
      2) the video takes 30 minutes maximum
      3) when shooting a video, it can overheat and after 20-25 minutes - and it will not be available for several minutes (writes that overheating) - and this is at room temperature
      4) applications that expand its capabilities can be installed on the camera itself

• NE
        13.07.2018

Thanks a lot. Thank you for the info about the plastic mount.

• Edward
      22.08.2018

Add a few more points
      1) 12800 ISO working - corresponds to about 2000 on crops
      2) it is more convenient to use the horizon on evi than on optical video detectors
      3) it works well stably on a whale
      4) the whale is very sharp especially at 8, 9
      5) communication with a smartphone works very smartly
      6) high ISO and stub give the opportunity to get decent photos of the city at night with hands
      7) smartly writes to a good flash drive, so the lock is not particularly noticeable
      8) Sony DSLR flashes work in TTL mode through an adapter
      9) the quality of a photo with a whale is better than it initially seemed to me, you just need to close the aperture more than I used to when working with high-aperture optics
      10) while the bayonet is not wobbling - I bought a metal one in advance, but decided not to change it until it loosens
      11) manual optics do not work poorly with focus picking
      12) lightness is very important, I often take it because of lightness
      13) adapters for everything
      14) MDF whale only 30cm!
      1) dust. dust on the matrix will appear very easily, on the mirrors there is dust on the mirror, it rarely reaches the matrix - it happens often right there - it appears as spots in the photo - can be cured at the processing stage - and you can only notice it on uniform light backgrounds
      Because of this, you can’t say that the camera is not whimsical, you need to carefully change the lenses here
      2) the charge here is about 4 times less than in an advanced DSLR or 3 base, you should always take extra batteries
      3) the menu is not very well thought out, a week of even continuous numbering of items
      Some important points are hidden in different ITP submenus.
      The result is a change in settings longer than on canon / nikon, and it is difficult to understand what they do if the instruction is in another language
      4) there is no recommended ISO, then you can set the minimum and maximum - but you cannot quickly set the recommended level for example 400. It is only possible to strictly set 400
      5) there is no black and white screen on top, in order to understand in which mode the camera is - you need to look at the screen or in evi, but the screen fades in the sun, and in evi it ​​is not always convenient to look
      6) features of focus picking with MF optics. there is no full-fledged phase focusing (as in any mirrorless camera) - the sensors on the matrix do not count. This leads to the fact that in order to understand that the object is in focus in the MF mode, you need to use the picking focus, the thing is not bad, but ... It works only when the aperture is from 5.6 or more, if you open it, the contrast will not be enough and you will be guided can only be done by eye. In order to make a frame, let's say at 2.8, you need to set the aperture to 5.6, then catch the focus, then set it back to 2.8 and finally release the shutter
      On the d800, for example, phase sensors during the day work from the most open aperture to F / 11, which reduces manipulation
      7) the video button is sometimes pressed accidentally by the shopping mall; it is located not conveniently, which can suddenly land the battery

Comments
      1) The AF backlight from the TC flash will not work with flashes from DSLRs. It is not suitable for contrast AF, those built-in will work

In general, I liked the camera, there are many situations when it is perfectly optimal, but I wouldn’t refuse a suitable SLR because of it, just like taking more advanced versions of sonics, all hope for Nikon Z, I hope that they can do something convenient and practical, not just functional

• Andrei
        22.06.2020

The presence of add. The display on top immediately indicates the class of the camera, any company. The absence of such a display cannot be compensated for by any innovation.

7. Viola
    15.04.2018

Arkady, thanks for your work! After reading your review, I realized: having Nikon D7100 on hand, you shouldn’t jump off a sheepskin dressing on this device (it’s better to invest money in optics. And I really wanted to FF 😕

8. Photographer
    04.05.2018

Arkady, good afternoon! And now you are shooting manuals on which device? Which of the first sony alpha (a7, a7r, a7s) is better to choose for manual lenses?

• Valentine
      04.05.2018

Cheaper than a7, but more interesting is a7s.

• Photographer
        05.05.2018

Why a7s? When shooting, I don't need high ISOs and 4k video ... As I understand it, this is a camera more for videographers ...

• Valentine
        05.05.2018

Thought-out sensor. With manuals, there is less chance of catching a shake; in case of misses on exposure, the equalities stretch well without unnecessary noise and color distortion (the equalities themselves are small and processed quickly); it’s easier to select specific focus points with your hands; there is iso 50 + 1/8000 (for optics from F1.2 and lighter), etc. But the purchase of any 7 for the manuals, it seems to me, is justified only if these manuals are worth it (top-end lenses of past eras, which remain at a high level to this day).

• Fedor
        16.01.2021

It is good to shoot for any ff manuals on Sonya a7 of any generation, but hanging ff optics on the crop is definitely a pampering, the whole picture disappears and at the same time the aperture ratio, for example, Canon fl 58 1.2 on the Sony a6500 camera.

• Rodion Eshmakov
        16.01.2021

And in the sense of the aperture disappears? What are you talking about?
        The canon you mentioned is a rare trash heap around the edges, like most of these old lenses. So using it on crop is not expedient, rather than on ff.

• Edward
      15.06.2018

a7 (r, s) m2 (m3) - there is a stub built into the carcass, which solves for manual lenses

if you choose for manual optics - then it is worth adding - and take with a stub

9. Ivan
    29.12.2018

Colora is simply ideal. Photo miracles. Є can take used. What are you in about this type of camera?

• Michael
      29.12.2018

Shutter

10. Rodion
    22.12.2019

Who knows what can be attached to the A7s so that it can shoot? It is unbearably small, thin and low even in comparison with Canon 600D ... Maybe someone will suggest some overlays for the body or something else that will increase not only the height of the body, but also the thickness of the grip. Otherwise, shooting with optics heavier than 1 kilogram is hellish torture!

• Pokemon
      22.12.2019

Google an l-plate for example LB-A7.
      This does not particularly solve the problem of weight distribution and grip, but at least something.
      Nothing else on Avito to the A7 came across from the accessories.

• Pokemon
        22.12.2019

To weight the camera (and level the weight distribution of the camera-lens) will help the original battery pack / booster.
        It is more pleasant to work with heavy lenses on the same D750 when the battery pack is hooked.

• Rodion
        23.12.2019

By the way, and on the basis of the I-plate, you can probably come up with the fastening of the cheeks thickening the handle. Horror) That's just for a camera for almost $ 900, the collective farm is not enough ...

• Rado
        27.11.2021

A7s 1000 green?))))) How much new it was, it didn't make a difference, but on Avito you can easily take up to 40 thousand rubles, ideally. You can calmly order a handle by your size from a milling turner and everything will be fine.

11. Lev
    20.03.2020

That's all. Well, only the camera is not full-format (and not even medium-format), but small-format.

21.03.2021

On Sony a7s with a Metabones adapter, the aperture of the lens jumps when the camera is tilted, what could it be? Tested on 2 lenses, jumping on both

21.03.2021

I turn on the video recording, it stops jumping, it does not jump on the open one either

21.03.2021

Even with the native lens Sony jumps, but there it is silent, maybe I clocked something in the settings?

21.03.2021

If something is in M ​​mode

16. Andrew
    12.04.2021

thanks for answers

17. Max
    28.08.2021

No photo archive available!

18. Stanislav
    21.04.2022

Hello.
    I really need advice.
    I shoot travel, city shooting,
    architecture, etc.
    At different times of the day.
    Often in JPEGs.
    There are Nikon D7100 and Sony NEX 6.
    There are also lenses on FF.
    I want FF.
    I am faced with a choice:
    Nikon D800, Nikon D3, Sony A7.
    Tell me what to choose?

22.04.2022

D3 is redundant. D800 if you need exactly 36MP, Sony seems to me better than A7s.