1. Alex aspru
    05.06.2013

Wide, portrait, and even a little telephoto

The range is interesting, but the price of $ 180 on ebay is pretty high

The aperture ratio is at the whale level.
    It turns out that the lens is for unassuming portrait landscape painters) - the quality does not differ much from the modern whale .. judging by the photo

• Jura ^ _ ^
      25.02.2015

Це кіт для плівкових

• Lev
      27.03.2019

Dear, I have 1.8 on my phone. Is it much better than a whale?

• Tin-plate
      13.07.2021

You're a fool?
      Judging by the photo ..

2. drunken trophy from the hostel of Mytishchi
    06.06.2013

I think the whale 18-55 with a stub will be sharper and brighter.

19.06.2014

I think you're stupid and dumb.

When 18-55 starts to cover ff - write!

• alex
        19.06.2015

Stupid and dumb is the one who thinks that “sharper and brighter” and “cover ff” are the same topic.

• Ivan
        27.08.2017

I agree with the previous speaker))) 18-55 with a button on the steering wheel makes this old man in one gate. More for the collection - attacks of course about nothing at all.

• Alexander
        16.09.2018

I was 18-105 with a stub on d90, and then this 24-120d. 18-105 is slightly less 18mm than this at 24, but the picture at 24-120 is much better, the colors are brighter and more saturated!

3. Ivan
    06.06.2013

Someone like that, but I like the color rendition in this lens more than on modern ones. Something more natural. I reminded me of my first Nikit 28-80 3,5-5,6 of the same release years as this one. The picture is very similar.

• nashua
      03.03.2020

Nikor 28-80 3,5-5,6 is Nikon's worst whale lens. Walked with F-55 Type Semi-Dish

4. Khass
    06.06.2013

Yes, it remains only to survey the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm 1: 4G ED VR N itself ... On DxO, the review about it is also far from unambiguous, especially at a not small price.

• Anatoly
      06.06.2013

24-120mm 1: 4G ED VR is a universal glass for a wedding planner, (for newlyweds, the photos will work, they won’t notice the subtleties in the picture, the pros will keep silent), although I take decent photos with this glass, they say the pattern and focusing of the glass depends on the specific lens model.
      I would like Arkady to make this glass and express his thoughts, that is, he has something to compare with.

5. Paul
    08.11.2013

It seemed 24-120 on the diaphragms up to 8 soapy, but at 8 and above the picture becomes good, but still worse than the same 18-105. This is all applied to the Nikon D50, I don’t know if the situation is different on the full frame.

• Paul
      27.04.2014

I want to add that Nikon 24-120mm 1: 3.5-5.6D AF Nikkor nevertheless gives quite interesting colors, not like 18-105, among my photos I can easily recognize those taken on 24-120 by color reproduction. But the working aperture 8 greatly limits the work, at home it is only a flash, only F8 is on the street, so only a strong zoom helps for the yuoko, and without a stub, and in addition, the aperture drops even more.

6. Oleg
    11.12.2013

And how much is this lens nikon af nikkor 28-200mm 13-5-5-6d?)

7. Anna
    14.07.2014

Hello! Please tell me, ”The lens has a focusing distance scale. The MDF is 50 cm, while the lens can shoot macro with a magnification of 1: 4.8. ”, Is there a macro mode on this lens, like on 24-85?

8. Igor_K
    07.11.2015

I wonder how it is compared to the plastic 28-80 \ 3,3-5,6.

9. Simon
    20.11.2015

According to your tests, there is nothing wrong with the D700 or cropped ... the lens shows itself as a very beautiful pattern, maybe only the contrast in some shots seems to be too small ... but personally I really liked this lens and the sharpness and color and there is a certain charm ...

13.12.2016

where are the ravines?

11. Andrii
    07.08.2017

Having bought and bought such an asset. It appeared that autofocus was not working on the focal point 85-120. Just yorzaє and everything. The focus is more manual only. Having tried the F100 and the D200, it is the same. Colleagues, you can, do you know why you don't want to focus? Dyakuyu.

12. Vladimir
    26.08.2017

Excellent color rendering. Expose a few photos, you can evaluate for yourself. Just transferred from the rabbi and reduced the size.

13. Vladimir
    26.08.2017

14. Vladimir
    26.08.2017

Another

• Lev
      27.03.2019

I completely agree. The lens is good, like the analogue 24-85. Sharp and with some kind of picture of yourself!

15. Vladimir
    26.08.2017

And more

• Oleg
      07.04.2023

Hello Vladimir. And what kind of camera, if not a secret?

16. Vladimir
    26.08.2017

Well, perhaps the last one.

17. Egor
    29.10.2017

I bought this old man to replace the tamron 28-75, which has already started to fall apart (a very flimsy construct) I can not find a hood on it. Can someone tell me?

• Alexey
      29.10.2017

Most likely HB-35. Like 18-200.

18. Nicholas
    18.01.2018

Nikon 24-120mm 1: 3.5-5.6D AF, namely screwdriver AF! I recently came across this cult device, I was pleasantly surprised that in the test of comparison with its updated AF-S version with a stabilizer, the AF version without a stub has a clearer picture and less color distortion. A worthy lens to this day in working with the most up-to-date CZKs, apparently in vain it cost in the early 2000s more than $ 1000.

19. a lion
    25.06.2018

“Not a bad budget full format universal lens” - how will it feel on a medium and small format camera?

• Onotole
      25.06.2018

On medium format - it will feel frankly uncomfortable. And about small-format everything is written in the review. Are you, in general, sure that you understand what you are asking about?

• Lev
        27.03.2019

Maybe I don’t understand, but I can distinguish a full-format camera from a medium-format, small-format and half-format one. What I wish you too! By the way, I’m not sure that you HAVE SEEN a medium format camera, not to mention a full-format one!

27.03.2019

Fixed

• Andrei
        10.06.2024

Please tell me why there are marks 24 and 50 on the lens?
        And what lens hood is suitable for this lens?

• Pawel
      25.06.2018

Arkady meant full-frame)

• Lev
        27.03.2019

Well yes!, We say the party, we mean Lenin!

20. nashua
    03.03.2020

I bought myself one, once upon a time, when I used the D80. On this carcass, he gave an acceptable result at a diaphragm of 1: 8. Behaved in the same way on the D700. On modern devices, it makes no sense, especially on the crop.

03.03.2022

Hello everyone, I used such a lens at first I didn’t like it on the Nikon D7000, but after a while I looked at a picture of it from a completely different side, the volume and color reproduction are very impressive, I didn’t get a sharp copy, but at 7,1 it’s decently sharp

22. Ian
    17.04.2023

I don't know why people denigrate this lens. I have had mine for many years using it on my Nikon F4 and both Dx(D300) and FF(Df). I give me good results!

18.04.2023

For film and low-pixel digital cameras, it is good.

06.06.2024

Please tell me which lens hood is suitable for this lens?