1. Lynx
    19.04.2013

And in D90, no. abysmally .. just the ability to create “picture control modes”.
    But there was an opportunity to take 300-tku then. ((
    I’ll go in sorrow and make tea.

• Vladimir
      19.04.2013

don’t worry, D90 is already an excellent camera

2. Roma
    19.04.2013

Everything is fine, but it would not be bad to describe step by step how to save these banks.

19.04.2013

The article describes it “the camera automatically records and remembers the settings changes for each of the banks”. That is, just as the camera parameters were set when the bank is on, the ban remembers them. In fact, you don't need to configure them.

• Maksim
      18.10.2014

I think everything is described in detail in the instructions for your camera

3. GIANNIS
    19.04.2013

Arkadii bolshoe spasibo za vse vashi stat'i

4. Jigurday
    21.04.2013

thank you very much, accidentally came across this site and he lured me for a few hours

5. Sergey Krutko
    22.04.2013

in d7000 there is such, yes, at first I liked it until I accidentally messed up. the profiles also preserve the quality of the images, if in the process of work you get a good exposure for this type of shooting, then save it to a preset for the future .... alas, once without noticing, he saved the settings with JPEG quality, and then raised them without looking .... as a result, I screwed up almost the entire report, because I always shoot in RAW ... what I want to say is - you have to be very careful when using presets ... as a result, I decided for myself to always control the situation and refused presets - so my head thinks more when every time you manually you set the parameters and creativity turns on - the constant inclusion of presets obviously kills thinking, makes you lazy :) IMHO

6. a lion
    22.04.2013

I agree with Sergey. I recently had exactly the same situation with a screwed up shot - shot in jpeg instead of raw.

7. Yuliy
    06.07.2013

What is the difference between:
    Bank menu shooting (Shoot). This bank sets shooting menu options.
    Bank of user settings (Custom). This bank sets user parameters.
    It is clear about “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, it is clear that there you can customize ... .. according to need ... .. everyday photography, ... ..sport, ... ..etc.
    But it is not clear in what type of bank (shooting or custom) to configure?
    And if it's a custom one (as if by logic), then why else are A, B, C, D banks of “shooting”? Who sets up what?
    And four of those, four of these (shooting / custom), why the drain, what is the difference, switching, etc. ???

06.07.2013

banks of user settings remembers all the settings that can be found in the section 'User Menu. Settings', in the banks of the menu the main settings are remembered. An article about this is written. It enhances usability.

8. Yuliy
    06.07.2013

It is clear that all menus are in the Shoot menu bank (by default), and if you need something for yourself, the bank of custom settings is used.
    How to switch between them .... in Nikon cameras?
    Still, the settings for U1 and U2 are much better.

07.07.2013

To switch, of course, using the menu, in the photo you can see the icons in the InFO mode, which are responsible for the banks. Convenience is all subjective.

9. Tim
    18.11.2013

Here is a link to presets, maybe someone should.
    there is also for other models, like ...

10. Igor
    19.04.2014

Tell me please,
    - menu (Shoot) and menu (Custom) do not overlap (do not duplicate each other)?
    - Each bank has:
    and menu (Shoot)
    and menu (Custom)?
    -And lastly, Any changes in the (Shoot) / (Custom) menu of one bank (eg “B”) affect / (remain) only in that bank “B”?
    - Switching between banks only from the menu? Isn't it very long?
    Thank you.

11. Nazim Dervish
    06.08.2014

It is a pity that the NIKON D5100 does not have such a function

12. Serge
    18.08.2014

There is an opinion that Nikon's bank of settings is much inferior in functionality and convenience to “Canon”. Who had the opportunity to compare, what do you say? Considering the example of 810 and 3 mark.

13. Maksim
    18.10.2014

U1 and U2 are essentially the same. very convenient features.
    for my d7000, U1 contains the settings most suitable for shooting with an external flash, and U2 for shooting with manual lenses.
    It is very important that the individual settings of the hot buttons are also saved!

14. Casper
    22.05.2015

Hello everybody !! Interested in this question! Yesterday I was shooting a wedding and accidentally, instead of the iso button, I pressed qual and “on the machine” changed Raw to regular jpeg! when I saw it, it was too late (((((((how to make it impossible to change the quality)) well, that is, transfer this setting or replace it with another _) thanks

22.05.2015

in no way

15. Phil
    18.03.2016

I cannot understand at 800k - is it possible to somehow fix the hard settings of shutter speed, aperture and ISO in the bank options. On the 7000 it was decided very conveniently - I chose U1 or U2 - the hard-set parameters turned on. If you change them during operation, then switch U1 / U2 again - and again all the same parameters are hard-wired. And on 800ke, if you change, then the replaced parameters remain. I want to return to the originally saved ones, but I cannot understand whether this is possible or not in principle.

• Michael
      18.03.2016

No. Exposure settings are not saved in banks and cannot be played back on this camera.

21.03.2017

A very necessary function. Thank you, I didn’t.

17. Igor
    06.07.2022

I got confused with these Banks.
    Can you elaborate, please.
    1. Shooting menu bank, is it one?
    2. Are the general (coarse) settings in the shooting menu bank?
    3. Shooting menu bank and Custom settings bank - do they overlap? (In the sense that some parameters can be configured both there and there).
    4. In the User's Bank - is it like a fine-tuning?
    5. Four User Banks is, as it were, EVERYTHING, that is, we have one of the Four User Banks involved in any case?
    6. And if in ANY of the Banks the user has not configured anything, then we shoot according to the parameters: Bank of the shooting menu?
    7. How quickly can I call up the Custom Settings Bank?
    8 Somewhere in the camera (D850), for example, will I be able to see which Custom Settings Bank I am currently using?

06.07.2022

Shaw is too many banks.

• Igor
        07.07.2022

Yes, like only FIVE as I understand it.
        - Shooting menu bank
        - Bank of user settings ( A, B, C, D) 4 pcs.