1. Alexey
    02.12.2012

Thanks for the great article, Arkady. everything is laid out on shelves! I want to add, I use 50 1.8g in my work, I used 1.4g earlier. both are very good!

• rescuero
      04.12.2012

Alex, why did you change 1.4G to 1.8G? What are the reasons?

• Alexey
        04.12.2012

I practically did not use 1.4, on the other apertures I did not notice significant differences and advantages of 1.4g, so I switched to the one that is cheaper

2. Ivan
    02.12.2012

Your opinion about the focusing speed between the G and D versions of the lenses is interesting.
    And which of all the fifty dollars is still your favorite?

02.12.2012

G 1.4 is slower behind D 1.4. 1.8G and 1.8D have the same focusing speed. Personal preferences are described in the Personal Experience section.

3. um_nik
    03.12.2012

If there is a motor on the camera, I do not see the point of overpaying for the G-version. I tested 3 fifty dollars (http://anechaev.org/2012/11/test_poltinnikov_nikon/), 1,8d turned out to be identical to 1,8g in the picture. Although it seems like another optical scheme.

4. i-hero-in.narod.ru
    03.12.2012

Everyone should have fifty dollars! It greatly changes the opinion of the resulting photo after the whale zoom for the better ...

• Vadim
      04.12.2012

As for me, this is a somewhat ambiguous statement. I do not argue about the quality of the photo, but it's too narrow in many cases. And I will not say about the whale 18-55 crooked word for its cost.

04.12.2012

This is a matter of habit.

5. Nikita
    03.12.2012

Hello Arkady! Thank you for the article ! I would like to hear your opinion on what to choose for a photo in a church and in poorly lit rooms (I use D90) .:
    1) 1.4D or 1.8D.
    2) Will there be enough aperture at 1.8!
    3) What is the best sunny day for a portrait!

Thank you in advance for your reply!

03.12.2012

In both cases I recommend 1.4. In a 1.4 ISO church, typically around 640, it depends on the amount of light.

6. cdriper
    03.12.2012

in the case of crop, 50 mm is such 85 mm for the poor. not the most convenient focal one and they are usually used because of the exceptional cheapness of 50 1.8 in all systems.

03.12.2012

not 85, but 75 + no one says that be sure to fifty dollars should be used on crop.

• cdriper
        03.12.2012

I wrote that people for crop buy 50, not 85, because it is stupidly cheaper.

03.12.2012

clear :)

• cdriper
        03.12.2012

PS. and notifications of answers should come by mail? don't come

03.12.2012

Only the first answer comes.

• cdriper
        05.12.2012

nothing comes at all

05.12.2012

It should be so.

7. Linar
    04.12.2012

I bought myself a fifty-dollar f / 1.8G AF-S, I am not completely satisfied with the image quality, I shoot the D60 in A mode, the pictures are not very sharp, as I would like. Can there be any settings in the camera itself? Tell me please. It seems as if there is not enough stabilization, there are pictures even blurry, although I set the exposure, as I read above the focal length of the lens itself, there is noise, although it is about 100.

04.12.2012

A little bit of sharpness can add a proper Picture Control - https://radojuva.com.ua/2012/01/hitrosti-na-nikon/

• Michael
      04.12.2012

> I bought myself a fifty-dollar f / 1.8G AF-S, I am not completely satisfied with the quality of the picture, I shoot the D60 in A mode, the pictures are not very sharp

If you shoot “in the open”, then a little “soapiness” of the picture will be present. If you have this happening on 5.6, then check it for front-back-focus.
      Nikon practically does not have this ailment (well, almost), but maybe you took a lens ...

8. Jury
    04.12.2012

Thanks for the great article, Arkady. everything is laid out on shelves!

9. Vadim
    04.12.2012

I read your articles with great interest. I even get angry, sometimes when there is nothing new for a long time. I saw a lot of new, useful and simply interesting things for myself. But it seems to me that 35 is more in demand for the crop. I have 18-55,55-300 and Helios-81N. The latter is simply a wonderful lens - aperture, bokeh, reliability, but here's a focal one ... Many times it rested against the wall - you still would have to go, but nowhere. At my zooms, there are more shots bypassing the focal 40-60. I wonder how you are in percentage terms.
    Thank you so much for your work.

04.12.2012

In the open air 50mm, even on the crop I really like. 35tk already with distortion, sometimes it interferes. I write only in my free time, because articles are not often published.

• Vadim
        04.12.2012

Then you have a lot of it (free time)! And I would like even more! - a joke, of course. Thanks for the quick response.

• Alexey
        08.12.2012

Arkady, I have a question in connection with your preference. I have a D5100 crop and I would like to have a fix for a landscape and a portrait on location, if, of course, it is possible to implement it in one lens)) What would be better - a fix 30-35 for the crop, or the same, but for FF, or 50 mm in the same two versions - either crop or FF. I am a little confused about the choice. thanks

08.12.2012

I recommend fifty dollars, which is another question.

• Alexey
        08.12.2012

Thanks, that's an interesting question too! If fifty, then DX or a full frame, since in this case it is no longer a fifty-fifty, as it were .... thanks.

08.12.2012

Fifty - he's fifty, they don't exist DX, they're all FX. This does not imply the use of 35mm on the crop, and the language does not dare to call the DX 35 with its distortion - 'fifty dollars'.

10. R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
    04.12.2012

Thanks for the article, Arkady! I completely agree with everything, since I myself am an ardent supporter of fifty dollars, from different times and countries. And as it is precisely noticed that the best of them in color rendering (as for me) 50mm 1.4G, unfortunately, is the slowest.

05.12.2012

Internet flea markets are simply full of photos of lenses made by Arkady: -D

05.12.2012

I shoot only some lenses. For example, I found the types of lenses from this article on the Internet, since I did not use 4 of them at all.

12. Alexey
    08.12.2012

You're right, of course .. I confused myself.)) Thank you very much!

13. Svetlana
    22.01.2013

Arkady, good day! I read your reviews and “questions and answers” ​​at fifty rubles, in great detail and understandably - on the one hand. On the other hand, it is complete confusion and it remains which lens to choose .. ((
    I have a D90, I am a beginner photographer. The camera is already the second year with a whale 18-105 lens and a long overdue desire to buy 50MM.
    Purpose of shooting: weddings, children, portraits (including in the studio) - i.e. conditions are very different. I like photos with a wide aperture - when there is significant blur. Bokeh.
    I understand that all tasks cannot be solved at once with one lens, but you have to start somewhere.
    If we talk about cost - I am ready to spend more money at once, it makes sense. On the other hand, there is an idea to buy 1.8 for a cheaper price, fill your hand, sell and buy 1.4.
    I really need your advice. Thanks in advance.

22.01.2013

I recommend starting with 1.8G, it’s not that expensive, it has faster focusing than 1.4G.

• Svetlana
        22.01.2013

Thanks. I also think that while there is no experience, the difference between 1.8G and 1.4G will not be very noticeable.

• Deletant
        26.11.2013

Arkady, why do you recommend G for the D90?

Now I choose. I plan to take
        Hand-held Nikon 50mm f / 1.8D AF Nikkor for portraits
        and the new 35mm f / 1.8G Nikkor as a staffer.

There are D90,18-105 + understanding. Talent is unlikely)

I ask for advice! I photograph family, friends, children ... landscapes.
        I read all the comments before asking a question) Thank you! the project is great!

26.11.2013

Because the 50 1.8G lens has a very good price / quality ratio.

14. Dmitriy
    26.01.2013

Arkady good evening! From all the Internet, your articles for me, as a novice user of a DSLR camera, have been the most interesting and instructive.

26.01.2013

It's good :)

15. Andrey Lastochkin
    27.01.2013

Hello Arkady! I have a d5100 with whale lenses 18-55. I want to buy 50 g 1.4 for aperture and bokeh. It was written that he is slower than the other fifty kopecks. How will this be specifically shown in real life examples and how much slower compared to my whale lens? Thanks!

27.01.2013

It will appear as a slower focus than on other versions. The speed with the whale is about the same.

• Alexander
      28.01.2013

Andrey take 1,8G and don’t rack your brains, anyway you hardly wake up to shoot at 1.4 aperture, I took 1,8G and on this hole (1.8) I took only 2-3 out of a hundred photographs, all the same, my hands reach to cover 2,2 and further ... With 1,4 will be the same story, but spend a lot of money!

• Sergey
        01.11.2013

And in my opinion the best picture on 1.4G

16. night owl
    31.01.2013

Hello Arkady! I read your review, thank you, informative. Although for myself I determined earlier, 50 f / 1.8D. I don’t need a motor, so I don’t see any reason to overpay for “G”, or is it really better and if so, how much? And one more question, I saw this "Nikon 50mm f / 1.4 AIS Nikkor" in the store's price list. I wonder what kind of lens it is, you didn't mention it, it costs less than f / 1.4D. Or is it something wrongly written?

17. Maria
    07.02.2013

hello Arkady. I read it ... I never found it .. I have a fotik for beginners nikon d3200, I want fifty dollars, but don’t know which one ?! I chose f / 1,8, but I didn't understand which one to take af bkb af-s)) and their cost is quite different! Please tell me what the difference is, and help me figure it out completely)) thanks in advance))))))))))))))))))

27.02.2013

Hello Arkady, I’m with this question (a little off topic) there are 2 lenses 24-70,28-70f f 2/8, 28-70 was still under the film, when I came to the store I was told that there was a film lens on the digital mirror not quite suitable, because. the matrix, in contrast to the film, partially reflects the light, or rather, the most part and the new lenses successfully “display” the reflected light, were they right, if so, how does it affect the picture.

27.02.2013

It is difficult for me to answer this question, but from a purely practical point of view I did not observe any visual effect when photographing.

19. Ruslan
    04.03.2013

Hello. I have a 17-55 2.8 lens, will I feel the difference with 50 1.8

20. Denis
    17.03.2013

Ruslan, you will immediately feel the difference, first in zoom-legs, then in boke :-))

01.04.2013

Hello Arkady! Question: Nikon 50mm f / 1.8G AF-S Nikkor or Nikon 50mm f / 1.4D AF NIKKOR ??? If you do not take into account the aperture, the picture, bokeh are more interested. D90 camera (with screwdriver) Which of these two lenses will focus on the D90 faster, and how noticeable is the difference in speed if there is any? Thank you in advance for your reply! )

22. Andrew!
    24.04.2013

Good afternoon, Arkady!
    I would like to hear the opinion of a professional. I use D90 + NIKON AF 24-85 f / 2.8-4D IF. I shoot, not very actively, and landscapes and portraits (more in percentage terms). I often shoot indoors with a flash (SB-800). After reading the article, a dormant desire to buy 50 'came to life. Looking at Nikon 50mm f / 1.8G AF-S. Does this make a lot of sense?

23. Valery
    14.06.2013

It is possible to purchase: Nikon 50mm f / 1.8 AF Nikkor (first version, MK I), price: 750,00 UAH., Does it make sense? Is he really good at 50mm f / 1.8D today? Thanks.

24. Vitali
    20.06.2013

Experience: bought a fifty-ruble 1.8G. The first thing I noticed - well, very bright in sunny weather! For shooting at max apertures, I thought about a dimming filter. The second is the dynamic range, the dips of dark tones into black have disappeared, the picture is tone-balanced. Third - sharp already at 2.2, at 1.8 slightly twists the bokeh if the object is close. Very light lens. It seems that I just set the exposure back to normal, over and over again. Generally glad to purchase. What I wanted.

25. R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
    20.06.2013

Add: I immediately noticed in addition to the range of colors, after the whale, the color rendering has greatly improved. The camera does not recognize. Live picture, live fifty dollars. But the minus is in the focal, the zoom is now kicked