17.11.2012

"Zonnar", if you pronounce it correctly in German. I used to shoot them before it was stolen. Dream lens, song! Such a lively, voluminous drawing! And although “Jupiter-37” was copied from Zeiss, “Zonnar” is noticeably more contrasting, and more anti-halo, and plastically more artistic. The only weak point in it is a few parts inside the diaphragm drive. Depending on the year of the bulge, instead of metal, inferior plastic. However, the Soviet artisans managed (as in my case) to replace a broken plastic part with a brass piece made entirely by hand.

26.04.2014

Good afternoon, my name is Irina. Recently acquired a Carl Zeiss Sonnar 13,5 cm 1: 4 lens. Everywhere I read that he had an M42 thread, but having acquired an adapter for Canon EOS I realized that the adapter is too big for the lens, so to speak. Do not tell me which adapter to use, I can send a photo of the lens and its thread. I will be very grateful if you help me figure it out, here is my mail lyuboe2000@mail.ru

• Siggi
      21.05.2014

"Zonnar", if correctly pronounced in German.

and

"Zeiss", if correctly pronounced in German.

2. R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
    06.05.2013

Please tell me, how will he feel on the Nikon D7000? How will you focus (manually or with a "screwdriver")? Do you need an adapter? And, in general, as a portrait lens on the D7000, will it be good?

• Andrei
      15.07.2013

An adapter is needed, the D7000 won't have infinity. A screwdriver won't help, it's purely manual. On my 500D with dandelion it confirms focus (but twirling my arms). On the D7000, the EF will be 202 mm, which is a bit too much in my opinion, and a lot of space for shooting indoors will be required :)

3. Oksana
    14.09.2013

Could you please tell me this lens with a "jump rope"? If so, how will he feel with the M-42 to Nikon adapter? And how will an adapter be used for this "jump rope"? If the glass is without such a "jump rope", then the question is removed. And second: does he need the same adapter as on “Jupiter 37A” - KP-A / N? Or can you get by with a simple M-42 with a lens?

07.10.2013

Thanks for the review. Informative. Recently acquired a subject and checked. What can I say, I just did not expect such a picture:) The color rendering is at a height, good contrast, sharpness and better (Zenitar 50/2, for example), it’s hard to focus exactly, in a word: a very correct device for straightening hands. Installed on Sony SLT37.

07.10.2013

Yes, even my copy does not have such a mechanism for controlling the aperture - in the place where the M / A mode switch on my subject is the lever, which, when pressed, closes the diaphragm to the value set by the ring, then the spring returns it to its place. The convenience is incredible. Focus on fully open, at the moment of taking a picture - cover with one movement of your finger :)

6. Slam
    22.11.2013

Tell me except Soviet Jupiter, none of the foreign brands (except Zeiss, of course) in their 135 / 2.8 did not use the Sonnar scheme?

7. Vladimir
    14.01.2014

Arkady, please tell me, what will be sharper, MC Sonnar 3,5 / 135 Carl Zeiss Jena DDR or our Jupiter 37? I still can’t decide on a purchase, thank you for earlier.

8. a guest
    13.02.2014

Completely different lenses. Just in tune with 3,5 / 135. CZ- sharper and softer bokeh, peculiar. Jupiter is less sharp, but hard bokeh with a character resembling brush strokes, male portraiture, definitely. Who likes that. I have both that and that, and each in its own way, only I am not Arkady, sorry for my personal opinion.

9. Alexey
    26.03.2014

Maybe someone needs one? The condition is excellent! I will send by mail in Russia. Write lexa-1005@yandex.ru.

10. French
    10.05.2014
  11. Kostya
    07.06.2014

Tell me, how is the situation with backlighting?

12. Gennady
    19.06.2014

I will sell the same. Can be shipped by mail geny777@ya.ru

• R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
      20.08.2014

I will buy your lens. In what condition is it? How much do you sell? vitalik_yo@mail.ru

23.06.2014

There is Jupiter-37A and CARL ZEISS JENA DDR Sonnar 135 mm f / 3.5. The price in both is almost the same. Please advise what to buy for canon 60D?

• Mr.G
      03.08.2014

For Canon, Zeiss is definitely! - excellent glass, especially at full frame, the picture is excellent, the bokeh is very beautiful.

• Balamut
        06.08.2014

But somehow I was not inspired, it’s some kind of soap. it will be necessary to test on the new carcass 70D.
        but Flektogon is very good ...

Grandfather brought from Germany, he served in the GSVG from the 60s.

10.11.2014

It can be transferred to Nikon (Sonnar135 / 3,5MC) without any special problems (like Sonnar 200 / 2,8MC) - no need to sharpen / saw / chicken! You will have to disassemble it from the rear (do not touch the lens unit!) And, having removed the guides, untwist and lead the multi-lead thread of the helicoid / focuser into the next turn. I don’t remember for sure now clockwise or counterclockwise, in my opinion "PO" to turn to a new thread. Reassemble carefully - note that if previously the rear hood (with annular cone notches) did not extend beyond the thread of the shank approx. 1,5mm (by eye!) - now it protrudes about the same amount from there. We wind up the Chinese thin adapter and ya-la! Infinity appears, because The lens unit moves closer to the film / matrix! On the chrome adapter, I had a barely noticeable infinity shortfall - approx. up to 100m. If you carefully cut with a flat file the intermediate ring-protrusion on the shank - a belt 0,3-0,5 mm thick and about 4 mm wide (by eye!) Between the M42 thread and the main plane, then on the chrome-plated one completely focusing to infinity appears.

• Peter
      16.03.2015

I would advise only “experienced stuntmen” to perform such an operation. I tried to do so. He unscrewed the helicoid, and then spent a long time figuring out which loop to turn it into. While I picked it up, all the grease remained on my hands. I had to clean and relubricate. Lubricated with silicone grease PMS-200, put it in excess. I still had to deal with excess lubricant. In the end, the victory remained with me, but it took three evenings. Then I wondered why all this was needed, if infinity is not so necessary for a portrait lens? Before this procedure, he was already focusing somewhere up to 30 meters ...
      The second time I would not have done all this, but I screwed the adapter, installed it on the camera and was happy!

• Amateur photographer_
      30.04.2015

Nothing at all! To enter in about, Act and kill all the factories. Well і підхід!

• Peter
        22.08.2015

The entire lens block moves there, so in principle, nothing can go astray (except for the focus scale). If you have enough patience and not lose the details, then everything will work out. Of course, it is better to entrust this work to professionals, but where can you find them for the right price.
        The lens has been very pleasing for half a year. Jupiter-37, which was used before, will go “into people”.

15. pavlin
    27.12.2014

MAM NA PRODEZ 100 DOLARA

16. Novel
    10.04.2015

I can offer this in perfect condition. With a tube, both covers and documents. Bought to play around. I have Nikon, in order to get infinity it was necessary to “saw”, it became a pity to disfigure such a rarity. There is an adapter ring M42 without a lens, at which the focusing distance will be somewhere around 10 meters. For kenon, there will immediately be infinity. An adapter for kenon or nikon as a gift.) Write to the mail romandanylov@gmail.com I'm from kiev.

17. Jirka
    13.04.2015

Good afternoon! Tell me, please, how he will feel with Sony NEX5, a transition for Sony M42? What actions should be done? Thanks in advance!

18. Paul
    17.04.2015

Well, they tested the portrait, but they didn’t remove the portrait!

• amateur photographer_
      21.04.2015

And the portrait will not fit in with Sonnar 135 / 3.5 - that is what the M42 is. I can only fit the Nikon iogo through the adapter 42 / H. So on, the active can focus on the height not more than 1 meter. That is why the value of such about, ktiviv (M42), for the most part, is not obvious. In addition, the GDR's optics for the sake of its quality is not rushing through the radians. Crumbs to chew and filthy trimє controve light.

• American Dad
        29.04.2015

amateur photographer_, why write nonsense? Or did the light converge on Nikon like a wedge? The quality is high in comparison with the Soviet ones, I have Electric with MC, one of the last. The quality of the pictures is excellent - sharp, but without jingling sharpness, the bokeh is very decent and nothing yellows - the color reproduction is natural.

• R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
        06.05.2015

Tell me, how does your “electrician” version differ from the version described in this article? Thanks for attention!

• American Dad
        11.05.2015

The presence of contacts that transmit information about the installed aperture, inside is a conventional potentiometer.

19. Amateur photographer_
    30.04.2015

American Dad - “Nonsense, why write?”? For the optical parameters of the GDRіvska optics are not far from sovetskoy. Those who see ONE good NDRіvsky about, active - do not mean, but everything that was released in the NDR since 1945 is a supertechnique. Compare the performance of light transmission, aberration and distortion of the Japanese and German optics of the 1960s ... 1980s rocky, then I will sell with you.

• American Dad
      11.05.2015

But what to talk about with you, if you have nothing except Nikon - since you can't shoot with Nikon, everything is the end of the world and the optics are useless.
      Yes, and there are enough good GDR lenses, the same Japanese did not always make excellent optics, there were frank failures.

20. Amateur photographer_
    30.04.2015

НДРівська optics of the Boole is insured for the non-sensitive one. Tom Pislya 1991 Roku Won Wonderful Scenes.

11.09.2015

take it you will not regret it. but the crop is 200mm. it’s far away to retreat, but the colors and sharpness will justify everything.

22. Vladimir
    24.10.2015

Good afternoon, Arkady, it is possible to buy this lens or its other version, 135 f2,8 which is enlightened t *, both lenses were in your review, please tell me, is it worth overpaying for 2,8 or buying a 3,5 version? the difference is 5 thousand, but at 2,8 the mount has already been redone for Nikon, here I am sitting tormented.
    It is also possible to take Nikon 105 2,5 aisversion. For the price of 135, 3,5. It is interesting to know an opinion on the quality of the picture, I liked all three lenses, but I can’t understand if the overpayment of this money is worth, in your opinion, thanks in advance!

29.01.2019

With enlightenment, T * is the “same” Zeiss that Karl. Questions are unnecessary here.

23. Misha
    25.10.2015

and how much does this model cost?

24. kc
    23.12.2015

Will there be infinity on nikon5200?

• Ivanov
      12.07.2018

Are you too lazy to scroll just a few posts up?

05.09.2016

I’ve been using this lens for a little over a year now. Originally bought to try it. It was a little uncomfortable due to lack of auto focus. But when I learned to use it and focus manually, all these inconveniences went by the wayside. He is surprisingly sharp. Just super sharp. It gives an amazing palette depending on different types of lighting. Today it has become my primary lens on the Canon 1100D. I rarely use Kitov at all, only if there are some on-duty photos. For pleasure, only Carl Zeiss and WORLD 1B.