1. R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
    18.10.2012

I have an old "Zorkiy-4" with Jupiter-8 M39 optics lying around at home http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Юпитер_(объектив)#.D0.AE.. Is it possible to attach it to my Canon 550D using adapters M39-M42 and M42 - Canon EOS?

• R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
      18.10.2012

Rather, does this make sense?

18.10.2012

The meaning is described in the article, it will be macro like in this article.

18.10.2012

Of course you can.

2. Gennady
    18.10.2012

Can the lens from the Kiev-4 camera be used as a macro?

18.10.2012

Yes, you can.

• Dmitriy
        19.10.2012

The Kiev-4 camera has two types of mounts, external and internal. The inner one you in no way fix on the DSLR, because it fits almost close to the film. An example of this is Jupiter-12, Jupiter-8 (not M). The mount is also specific. Jupiter-12 also has a convex lens sticking out far into the camera. I do not give a link to this camera and its lenses in my blog because of "political correctness"

• 10111
        08.11.2013

Hmm ... Only fifty rubles are put into the inner bayonet and nothing more, while they are also used in a different frame on threaded cameras. The given Ju-12 is inserted just into the outer one. But the fact that fifty dollars do not have a helicoid, and a good adapter costs 200 bucks ...

3. Vasil
    18.10.2012

Yes garn article for more people (:

4. Vadim
    18.10.2012

Arkady, and you tried to shoot on a rangefinder optics with macro rings (in the article they wrote that it turns out super macro)?
    Actually the question is, is there a maximum closed aperture for getting into the depth of field?)

18.10.2012

I tried it, the IPIG remains very small, and the quality of the photos from this Industar is mediocre.

5. Slam
    18.10.2012

And here I am pleased with the photo from Industar 61 l / d. Sharpness on top! With rings, a whiter macro comes out! I advise the people who want to try macro on Soviet optics to purchase this glass in a collection!

• Dmitriy
      19.10.2012

I61 has very mediocre sharpness, and 50mm is not enough for convenient macro photography. Better Jupiter 37a and macromech.
      But this is my humble opinion

21.10.2012

I installed, on Jupiter 8, using the ring from under the old filter, an eyepiece lens at minus 4.75 diopters. fixed on glue and a blend of an old FEDovsky. The result was a good portrait lens of the Zonar type. I use with Pentax k20d.

• Onisimko
      03.09.2013

GNVKH = invention fiction

22.10.2012

it’s not such a simple thing to shoot macro on manual optics, we tried to know

• Misha
      23.10.2012

Manual lens macro rings are the simplest and most affordable "super macro" tool.

8. Vladimir
    02.11.2012

Hello, I bought AF SIGMA 75-300 on Nikon D40, there’s no infinity of 10 meters, I’ll catch the focus with the foot and no more.

02.11.2012

If sigma is under Nikon, then this is a lens malfunction.

9. Vladimir
    03.11.2012

but you can repair it

10. Tim
    14.11.2012

Hello! Please tell me - I have a Pentax camera, I found old film cameras at home and among them there was a Jupiter-8 lens, how can I screw it to the camera, through the same adapters as to Nikon and Kenon (M39, M42)?

14.11.2012

Most likely he has an M39 thread (there are just different Jupiter-8s, for Contact, etc.), then you need a regular M39-Pentax adapter. But this is a rangefinder lens, it will work like Industar in this review on Nikon.

• Tim
        14.11.2012

Thanks for the answer! Yes, he has an M39 thread. I just sorted out old things and dug up a couple of cameras on which my father took pictures about 20 years ago, one of them is a Fed-5s with a Jupiter-8 lens, the lens is in good condition, so I think why it’s good to disappear))) if you can experiment, for normal money it do not sell. Here I have it http://www.photohistory.ru/1210176066590054.html fourth from above.

• Tim
        14.11.2012

He looks like a lens from the Limited series :)

11. genaev
    17.11.2012

Hello Arkady! Advise how to connect the built-in flash on Nikon 3100 with a manual lens. Thank you. Gennady.

17.11.2012

You need to switch it to manual mode and set the power manually, in more detail at the end of the article about Soviet lenses.

19.11.2012

Good evening, Arkady. please tell me where exactly it is possible to get manual optics of Soviet manufacture in normal condition (and how, by the way, to determine this condition) in Kiev for this very cheap thing? Thanks in advance.

19.11.2012

Anywhere at flea markets. You can use the contacts in the manual optics section.

13. Misha
    25.12.2012

This Industar-50 is a universal rangefinder-mirror lens and its “conversion” to a mirror version does not require “efforts and knowledge of the matter” ...
    The rear part of the lens is a "macro ring", which is removed after unscrewing the locking screw, the pusher of the rangefinder is also unscrewed, after which the lens becomes "mirrored".

25.12.2012

Thanks for the information. Many users will not even be able to perform such a simple procedure, because this article shows exactly what there will be no infinity with rangefinders, and does not concern issues of remaking.

• Dima
      03.09.2013

Misha, if you know, can a lens with a FED-4L be attached to Nikon D5100?

27.12.2012

Misha, could you please a little more in detail ?!

15. Vladimir
    02.01.2013

I have such a lens on a Zenit-E SLR with a whale. Does this mean that it is already adapted to DSLRs and can be used on the Nikon D60?

16. Alexander Kozachek
    21.01.2013

Tell me, is it possible to install Industar-50 3,5 / 50 on Nikon d3200, and what is the difference between this lens and the one mentioned above? thanks in advance…

21.01.2013

Yes, you can, how to do it, and what will come of it, see here - https://radojuva.com.ua/2011/05/obzor-industar-50-2-otzuvu/

• Alexander Kozachek
        21.01.2013

Arkady, Industar 50-2 is described there, and I have Industar-50 3,5 / 50, can you explain what is the difference between them? And what kind of adapter is needed specifically for my lens?

17. Yaroslav
    04.02.2013

What is better for macro? Industar 50 or from a magnifier to look for? Naturally with macro rings.

18. Bogdan
    05.03.2013

Tell me if it is possible to use Jupiter 8m mount mount in conjunction with Nikon

05.03.2013

This is a rangefinder, it will only be macro.

05.03.2013

Thanks for the quick reply. Please tell me with the help of which adapters it can be installed on Nikon

05.03.2013

M39-Nikon, or M39-M42 + M42-Nikon.

19. Bogdan
    05.03.2013

unfortunately he has a mount mount, so the M39 will not work

05.03.2013

If this is a bayonet variant, then things are bad.

20. Bogdan
    09.03.2013

thanks for prompting

• Andrei
      23.03.2017

Good day. Redid his Jupiter 8m (mount Bayonet Contact) on Nikon D5000. On the rear cylindrical part of the lens with a bayonet mount, a sleeve with an M42 external thread was put on the sealant. (I ordered a turner). I screw the sleeve into the adapter M42-Nikon. On the front of the lens I planted a -5,25 diopter lens in the frame of the filter. I ordered a lens in Optics (where they sell glasses). The result is infinity. On an open aperture, the contrast is not high. You can make portraits in a light manner. With aperture cover, contrast is normal. It is inconvenient that more than one revolution has to be made on the thread to focus, but it has adapted.

21. Eugene
    18.03.2013

In a month I go to d300 or d7000 (now - d3100).
    The question is that as many as three lenses were found - Jupiter 8m with a special Kiev bayonet, Industar-5-2 from the deceased, unfortunately, the zenith and the regular Industar-61 from the FED-3 camera, which, to celebrate, even shot a couple of films. On the latter, if I am not mistaken, the bayonet is replaceable. So can I adapt at least one of them for portrait (ideally landscape) shooting with a sufficient focal length?
    Or buy all the same helios?

18.03.2013

And if not, what kind of helios (what else? =)) To buy - 40, 44, 77 or 81 with Nikon bayonet?

23. Dmitriy
    29.05.2013

Please tell me what can I do with a lens like Helios - 103 1.8. What adapters are needed for it for installation on Nikon d90. And also what can I get using it. By the way, I have not found an article about such a lens on your website - I can let you drive the glass until I figured out what to do with it. Geographically I am in Kiev.

• Igor
      12.01.2017

You can buy a back ring for Nikon mount and use it for macro.

24. Dmitriy
    29.05.2013

And to the post above - what kind of bayonet is this Contax-Kiev?

10.07.2013

Arkady, if I understand correctly, then the smaller the focal length, the larger the macro?