For the opportunity Tele-Auto 1: 2.8 f = 135mm lens review many thanks Alexey.
Basic performance characteristics of Soligor Tele-Auto 1: 2.8 f = 135mm
Diaphragm: F / 2.8-f / 22
Focal length: 135 mm
Number of aperture blades: 8 pieces
Front Filter Diameter: 55 mm
Mounting: Nikon F Pre-aiLens Made in Japan
My Soligor Tele-Auto 1: 2.8 f = 135mm instance has mounts for Nikon cameras and is Pre-ai lens for Nikon. There is enough many modifications this lens: with a different frame, lens hood, etc.
Basic about Soligor Tele-Auto 2.8 / 135
- Focusing on the lens is very smooth. The focus ring rotates 270 degrees, while the front lens moves forward 2 cm. When focusing, the front lens does not rotate. Easy to use filters. Infinity on the focus distance indicator starts at 20 meters. Most bad side of the lens is a large minimum focusing distance, which is as much as 1.8 meters. To take a picture of a flower, you need to go a minimum of 1.8 meters
- The aperture of the lens is eight-petal, a sufficiently large aperture of F2.8 for such a focal length. Aperture closes to F22. Of course, the iris control is manual, semi-automatic, as it Pre-ai lens.
- The workmanship is very high, Lens Made in Japan is proudly painted on the case. Soligor Tele-Auto 2.8 / 135- a serious lens.
- DOF Scale Available for All Apertures Except F4.0
How to use on modern central control rooms?
The lens has the same mount as all Nikon's native lenses, so just put on the lens and start shooting. The only difficulties are:
- By virtue of Pre-ai, on advanced Nikon cameras, the aperture value from the lens to the camera will not be transmitted. Measurement exposure will only work on F2.8, which is also pretty good. The lens can be very easily converted to AI compatible, or, attach Lushnikov dandelion.
- Nikon amateur cameras will not measure exposure. But, you can easily shoot video on such cameras. It is treated with Lushnikov's dandelion for Nikon.
In general, how to use such a lens, and compatibility with your Nikon camera you can easily find in the section about old PRE AI lenses. Personally, I used the lens on Nikon D200, D40 и D700. If you do not have Nikon, then this Soligor Tele-Auto 1: 2.8 f = 135mm was produced for all kinds of mounts, it is simply difficult to find with a native mount to the camera.
Soligor Tele-Auto 1: 2.8 f = 135mm did not disappoint, although there is nothing unusual either. The lens is sharp enough at f / 2.8, especially for portraits. Slight softness from F / 2.8 to F / 4.0, becomes very sharp at F / 5.6. At a fully closed aperture, it suffers from diffraction and drop in sharpness. The Soligor Tele-Auto 1: 2.8 f = 135mm gives good contrast and even copes well with flares, although it does not have a hood. The bokeh is very pleasant. HA insignificant (see for yourself), and, of course, no barrel (distortion). Vignetting on DX cameras is almost not noticeable, on FX disappears on F5.6.
Sample photos on APS-C (crop)
All sample photos were taken on Nikon D200 DX with crop 1.5X. Without processing, on-camera JPEG L, reduced to 1600 * 1200 size and imprinted data from EXIF. Soligor Tele-Auto 1: 2.8 f = 135mm on Nikon DX cropped cameras behaves like a real telephoto with EGF at 202,5 mm. To get a sharp frame, you need to use a fast shutter speed, more details in the section on how to take off.
Sample photos on APS (full frame)
All sample photos were taken on Nikon D700 FX Without processing, on-camera JPEG L, reduced to 1600 * 1200 size and imprinted data from EXIF. On APS cameras, the lens turns (or simply remains itself) into a wonderful portrait portrait.
Personal impressions are positive, the lens was very good. I decided to make a comparison plate 135mm fixed lenses that I used. The plate is very, very conditional, since each model there are modifications with better or worse parameters, my opinion, too, is purely subjective.
Here are reviews of other 135mm fixed lenses:
- Jupiter-11 135mm F4.0
- Jupiter-37A 135mm F3.5
- Tair-11A 135mm F2.8
- Tamron 135mm F / 2.5 MC
- PENTACON auto 2.8 / 135 MC
- AUTO Sears MC 1: 2.8 f = 135mm
- Auto Revuenon 1: 2.8 f = 135mm
It's a pity that Nikon never released an autofocus lens 135mm F2.8, and the “king of bokeh” Nikon 135mm F2.0 DC scares away at its price.
Comments on this post do not require registration. Anyone can leave a comment. Many different photographic equipment can be found on AliExpress.com.
Soligor Tele-Auto 1: 2.8 f = 135mm is a good fixed telephoto lens with excellent aperture. Suitable as a good portraiture on FX cameras and a good telephoto for nature on DX cameras.