1. Kirill
    08.06.2014

Good day to all! Found at home a fotik nikon on the lens written “nippon kogaku japan no. 845668 nikkor-s auto 1:14 f = 50mm ”if anyone can collect or who needs parts! Write to mail badguy4@mail.ru. I will send fot

2. asp
    18.07.2014

This is not a lens - this is God's punishment. It seems to be nothing outstanding, but you can’t refuse it. He began to sell, and a couple of days later removed it from the auction. I'm stupid?….

3. Artemy
    11.03.2015

I was given this rarity of the 60s, having tested it - in awe. I understood the charm of the manual mode, so now I am not at all interested in photographing otherwise.

08.04.2015

What is “Non Ai?” He is either Ai or not Ai! It’s better to just write down the full name and marking of the lenses, nor what Non Ai or Yes Ai, but such fictitious terminology only confuses.

• Peter Sh.
      08.04.2015

AI, Non-AI - the terminology used all over the world, understood by Japanese and Chinese, and Papuan.

08.04.2015

In the name of the old lenses there really are no AI or AI-S designations, but their specification is usually written like this: “AI, AI-S, NON-AI, PRE-AI, Nikon F, K, etc.” In appearance and in name, the lenses can be similar as two drops of water, but have different protrusions for transmitting data to the camera, therefore this designation is absolutely necessary.

• Sergei
        08.04.2015

And do not tell me which lens to choose, the Soviet Helios 44 2 VOMZ, or Nikkor 1,4 / 50?

08.04.2015

There are at least 6 different versions of the manual Nikkor 50 1.4, and I would prefer any of them instead of Helios-44-2. By the way, if you choose a lens for the Nikon camera, then with Helios there will be problems with focusing to infinity.

• Sergei
        08.04.2015

Doesn't the adapter compensate for the difference in working lengths?

• Sergei
        10.04.2015

If the front lens of the lens is slightly smeared, the lens is wiped, how critical is it for color shots? Is the rear lens in order.

5. Oleg
    21.12.2015

Tell me please, is it worth changing the MC Helios-81H lens to this?

• BB
      22.12.2015

I don’t see much point.

• Yarkiy
      22.12.2015

To correctly answer your question, you need to know all your circumstances.

• Oleg
        22.12.2015

What?
        I use the Nikon D3100 camera, the MC Helios-81H lens with a dandelion.

• KalekseyG
        22.12.2015

I think it meant: the urgent need for highly artistic photos with blurring all that is possible, the presence of an external flash, etc. etc. Personally, I think there is no need for replacement, although I have a 50 / 1.4 and a dandelion, but I took it for the sake of the 81 jump rope

• Oleg
        22.12.2015

But is there no jump on this lens, like on 81N?
        I just thought that by installing a dandelion on the Nikkor 50 1.4 I would get the correct jumping performance - after all, the Nikkor and Helios-81H lenses have different stroke lengths of its lever, as a result of which the frame is overexposed and you need to enter exposure compensation - the larger the aperture, the larger ( minus) correction.

• KalekseyG
        22.12.2015

Well, now it’s clear that there is some need for acquisition. But the question was answered, plus it’s better to take the puff and learn how to use it in M ​​mode

• Oleg
        23.12.2015

There is an external puff)

• Lynx
      23.12.2015

6. Oleg
    23.12.2015

Oh, and by the way, why only in M, because with dandelion and TTL mode it works

• KalekseyG
      23.12.2015

Did you need advice or information about the knowledge of the counselor? Troll? Look in the article by Arkady about the flaws of the chip, therefore I am writing about M.

7. Oleg
    19.04.2016

I really liked the lens. For manual shooting for the money - this is it!

8. NIKA
    07.10.2016

I welcome the guys.
    I'm off topic, I'm sorry. Can someone tell me pzhl. Where to buy 2 covers (back and front) to the Nikon Nikkor-SC Auto 1 lens: 1.4 f = 50mm Maybe a reference to aliexpress or ebay, I will be very grateful! thanks

• NIKA
      07.10.2016

It is to the Soviet optics) sorry, I forgot to indicate!

11.01.2017

Thank you for the timely and objective review. He dispelled my doubts before buying this lens. For several months of using it, I never cease to like it. There are, of course, nuances, but this is a technique, it does not take off, but the photographer. Therefore, you have to adapt and learn to use those opportunities that are. In my opinion, an excellent lens, but which you must be able to use.

10. Vlad
    06.02.2017

Dear friends, I’m selling the Nikon Nikkor-S Auto 1: 1.4 f = 50mm lens described above with Lushnikov’s dandelion, in excellent condition and already redesigned aperture ring, i.e. gets on any Nikon camera. If you are interested, please contact +380504416746.

• Vlad
      25.04.2017

SALES

11. Jury
    20.04.2017

Vlad, if relevant write:
    Pansym@mail.ru

12. Basil
    22.04.2017

Good day to all! I use this lens on the Nikon D7100, without any alterations. I photograph them “for the soul”. Instance is inspirational! Gorgeous sharpness! The drawing is very beautiful. Having bought a reverse ring I use it as a macro - I'm happy as an elephant)))

13. Yuri Vostrukhin
    29.06.2017

Very nice lens, I liked it. Nikon F4s.Vision2 T50

14. Anton
    26.07.2017

Good afternoon!

Thanks for the review!
    I want to ask your recommendation, now such a lens is on sale, but only for shipment, that is, it is not possible to feel it normally
    I now have Arsat 50 / 1,4 (that is, in your reviews),

specifying the question:
    50 1,4 I'm interested in as a portrait for shooting on an open aperture, well, maximum covered up to 2

in Arsat, I like the contrast and big aperture (it’s about a third of the foot lighter than even the native lens) and generally edible sharpness, but it has wild chromatic aberrations (a gray plush cat acquires a pronounced bluish tint)

accordingly the question: is it worth buying Nikon instead? that is, on the open, will the sharpness differ markedly and in which direction and what will happen to the aberrations?
    or it will be sewn to soap and it’s worth looking at something else, or not at all: I have a mirrorless camera, that is, you can buy any adapters, I just already have Nikon

ps
    the fact that he is not Ai I know

15. Jury
    15.08.2017

I have the same one, I use it on the Nex-3. Feels like the photo in the review - I got a defective copy. I have normal contrast and sharpness. Generally amazing glass! If I looked at the review before buying, I would think a dick, and I would not take it.

16. Alex
    15.02.2018

Thank you Arkady for your inspired work .. I have a question: Nikon 50 / 1.4 is on sale without any letters on the front of the frame, except for the serial. The bayonet paw sticks out like Nikkor-S, and so I don’t understand Non-Ai or Ai ..?

15.02.2018

Indicate serial

17. Alex
    15.02.2018

Serial number 4815082 You have not found similar versions in the reviews, I want to reveal my Kodak with a good lens ..

15.02.2018

One of the latest versions of AI

18. Alex
    15.02.2018

Thank you very much!

19. @ f_e_d_2
    11.05.2019

I really liked the comparison "head-on" with modern 1.4. But if you show the pictures in turn, hardly anyone would notice the difference! and if you do not increase it by 100%, then it can be said no. The test is most likely really “dirty”, because the old man for 50 years, probably no one “washed”. Can you imagine what plaque there is on each lens surface? Now, if you compare it after the audit ...

• Roma
      30.07.2019

Does he disassemble for cleaning?

20. koba
    10.11.2019

the comparison file with the new 50 / 1.4G shows that there is a difference, but it’s not catastrophic, the contrast can always be increased, but it’s not always possible to lower correctly, something will surely be lost ... But the question arises - how many old lenses are tested here, but not among them, that is, no one has provided for testing the “main ones” - 50 / 1.4 Ai and 50 / 1.4 Ai-s. According to reviews, they are considered to be the highest quality among fifty dollars from Nikon. They are not expensive, they are simply beautifully made, many professionals used them in their work in those distant film times, the same Salgado took many beautiful photographs with exactly the same fifty dollars, the same Maccari also used them ...

21. Leonid
    09.02.2020

Arkadiy, be affectionate, and by seryyny No. 4034998
    I ask you, for Nikkor 50.
    Crazy.

09.02.2020

Likely this

22. Leonid
    09.02.2020

Dyakoy, for sure.

23. Elena
    17.10.2020

Prompt please,
    There is a choice between the Olympus 50 1,8 and Nikkor S auto 1,4, which one to give preference to?
    Need a portrait lens
    for olympus micro 4/3

• Alexey
      17.10.2020

olympus zuiko 50 1.4 5 versions. but 50mm is not a portrait lens, even at double cropped. distortion won't go away when you shoot at close range.

• Alexey
      18.10.2020

and if for the two named lenses, then the Zuiko 50 1.8, although not bad, and even sharper than the Zuiko 50 1.4, according to tests on a covered lens, but structurally it is very simplified and not so reliable, and its repair is difficult due to the extremely budgetary construct. As for the old manual nikon fifty dollars, they are all like AK-47s, which is good, but on the open one they all have very noticeable spherical aberrations, someone likes it, someone it interferes. at closed until 2.8 they are very sharp, and Ken Rockwell writes that too. however, putting it all on a double crop ... everything will be cut off. the picture will be far from what such a lens can give. Well, to “cram” the patient, crossed out, the model will have to move twice further into the frame than shooting in the full frame, which will increase the depth of field and reduce the blur of the background. (shrugs) You can throw your slippers at me, but a double crop for portraits is somehow not very suitable.

• Trueash
        18.10.2020

>> double cropping for portraits is somehow not very suitable - Joe Edelman is not solace: https://www.youtube.com/c/JoeEdelmanPhotographer/videos

• Novel
        18.10.2020

An interesting model and good control of light are suitable for portraits. Unless you're shooting portraits of spherical aberrations, of course. I agree with the argument about the distance to the subject (you can't turn around much on the EGF), but if you have a squeezed model with a grin instead of a smile on the background of a carpet or #babaNaTreeve - does it really matter what to shoot it?

• Rodion
        18.10.2020

And yet, and still - do not recommend a full-frame fifty for a double-crop. Will not pull, let's be frank, will not pull.

18.10.2020

As an option for the manual for the crop2 Chinese, you can take a special sharpened one, however, Zuiku cannot be overcome by more than one in the picture.

• Rodion
      18.10.2020

None. Take something modern under the double crop. Try 7artisans 35 / 1.2.