1. george737577
    10.05.2012

I fully agree with your conclusions and assessment of this lens. I just want to add to the topic. Lenses of the E series were produced by order of Nikon by Cosina Japan Ltd. This is the reason why the lenses of this series do not have the traditional name Nikkor. But the lenses of this series are quite good, especially considering their cost, and have a good, reliable design.
    Best regards, Georgiy.

20.05.2012

Thanks for the additional information.

2. Alex de Kairoy
    24.08.2012

Which is better, this lens or Kaluinar?
    Arkady, what is your personal opinion?

24.08.2012

Kaleinar-5n will be more interesting.

3. Alex
    11.11.2012

This glass is offered in very good condition for 200 USD ...
    What do you think: is it worth taking for this price as a portrait on the D90?

11.11.2012

I find it too expensive.

4. Nicholas
    04.11.2013

What limitations will I have with this lens on the D3100, auto-focus is not relevant, usually I bring the circle in the viewfinder?

04.11.2013

There will be no metering, the aperture will be controlled only with the help of a ring on the lens.

5. Nicholas
    07.11.2013

Will the circle in the viewfinder work at 3100?

• Artuwok
      27.11.2013

Will

6. Michael
    16.11.2013

What is better nikon 100 mm 2.8 or sigma 105 mm 2.8?

7. Kirill
    05.01.2014

Arkady, tell me, is it possible to install a chip on such a lens for more comfortable work with exposure metering and focusing (d3000 camera)? Thanks for the review.

05.01.2014

Yes, you can.

• кирилл
        07.01.2014

but there is no ais in the name of the lens. Lushnikov’s website indicates that dandelion will only help such lenses. thanks for your project

07.01.2014

Nikon E are automatically Nikon AF-S lenses.

• Nathanmessenger
        02.06.2015

Arkady, did you mean AI-S?

8. Paul
    09.01.2014

Arkady. Everything seems to be correct. But in the examples of the photo for a typical portrait lens, there is not a single portrait: ((

9. Tamara
    27.03.2014

Good day!
    Tell me please! I got a Nikon 100 mm f 2/8 lens, can I use it on my Canon 650d?

10. Basil
    03.04.2014

Arkady, you probably misspelled the comment, not AF-S, but AI lenses.

11. Kirill
    07.08.2014

Arkady, thank you for a super useful resource for amateur photographers !!!
    Question. Is it needed for, weaving, for a portrait if I already have 85mm 1,8d and 70-210 f4 (I bought it after reading the review)
    Question 2. How convenient and fast you can focus on this lens. I tried to twist the lens with my hands on the green dot at 85mm and 50mm also 1,8, on these lenses it’s not very convenient to do this, especially at 50 mm
    Question 3. What is better in terms of the price-quality ratio of niccor 135mm f2, 105mm 2,5 or 100 mm f2,8?
    I'm waiting for the answer.

12. Kirill
    07.08.2014

beginning see above.

Voros 3. Which one is better for a portrait, rented on d90

• Lynx
      14.11.2014

any.

13. Nikita
    14.11.2014

An excellent lens considering that this particular instance was with me and transferred to Alexei for further use)

14. Vitaliy PhotoInterSeller
    01.06.2015
  15. Vitaliy PhotoInterSeller
    22.10.2015

Unshaken is more relevant, independent of those who want to (here we will not give a finger) trying to go ahead and forward by seeing the moderator on the OLX website.

Dodge! 063-788-50-45

16. Alfn the Greek
    10.04.2016

although the topic is old, but where the examples on the D700 are “RAQ -> JPEG”, I think it should be “RAW -> JPEG”

10.04.2016

fixed.

17. Anton
    07.05.2016

A lens for the soul!
    After the purchase, I did not take it seriously until I began to get it out of my bag more often.
    Regarding the dimensions and sizes - a fluff, it feels like you are carrying only a carcass.
    Gives a nice soft picture.

18. Michael
    15.01.2017

I bought this lens (first version). Personal impression - Kaleinar inferior to him.
    Can someone tell me which hood is right for him?
    Will this not give vignettes?
    Link

19. Anastasia
    08.05.2018

On the issue of shooting against the sun, this lens + D7000:

DSC_9790

20. Alexey de Paris
    21.05.2019

Today, on occasion, I got this lens and how good it is! I just did not expect it. Yes, the review says that it is sharp with an open but damn it! It is sharp with an open even on the D800 when viewing pictures at 100 percent increase! The edges of the picture are even good and clear!
    I did not expect this. Great purchase, I can safely recommend it on any compatible camera!

21. Robert
    26.02.2021

Will he work for Nikon d50. Ken says it won't work because of the diaphragm

22. srsberg
    31.08.2023

Bought it recently. Works with a Fujifilm xt20 mirrorless camera. An excellent, sharp lens for an amateur with good contrast. The Nikkor 105 f2.5, touted by the author (see the link in the review), can now also be exclusively an amateur lens. However, in comparison, 105 has no chance compared to 100. Yes, optically 105 is somewhat better than 100. However, the weight is 200g versus 600g, the price is 4-5 times less and the quality is quite sufficient for an amateur clearly determine the winner.

31.08.2023

Sure sure. So tell me - the price. Otherwise there are a lot of smart words just to justify your poverty. Or greed.

• Rodion
        31.08.2023

Both lenses have the right to life. 100/2.8 Nikkor, judging by the photo, is quite a good ernostar, light and small, but not too sharp. 105/2.5, which is double-gauss, is much sharper, but subjectively I don’t like it from the picture. But 105/2.5, which is Zonnar, is a very pleasant glass in all respects.

• srsberg
        19.09.2023

Sure sure. But weight and size have nothing to do with this. If you want to carry a brick, that’s your right, but others may have a different point of view.

• srsberg
      01.10.2023
  23. srsberg
    01.10.2023

Well, as I wrote. Camera jpg, reduced in accordance with the requirements to 1mb, dimensions reduced to 1920x1280
    For comparison, the distances are about 950m to the obelisk, about 3 km to the arch.
    A lens with which you can run 15-18 km. Small, light and sharp. They want to film. No car is required in addition))).

• srsberg
      01.10.2023

And one more. Also reduced.

24. B. R. P.
    01.10.2023

Why is this in 1 photo? for 2 cats, everything is clear here.

• srsberg
      02.10.2023

Paris. Luxor obelisk and triumphal arch.

• srsberg
        02.10.2023

I ran around Paris with 2 lenses: this and ttartisan 17mm f1.8 without a tripod. I like it. All other lenses were left at home, incl. and Fujifilm.