1. George
    27.04.2012

You are doing a good thing, but I don’t agree with your assessment. This lens is simply bad, not able to stand any level with Nikkor and other lenses of decent manufacturers with similar parameters ... And you can see it perfectly in the pictures you attached - the lens, to put it mildly, is blurry (by my standards). The curved shape of the aperture formed by the petals of the diaphragm (clearly visible in the picture) also says a lot. Do not waste time on Ukrainian “semi-finished products” of the last century ... Best regards, Georg.

27.04.2012

Thanks for the feedback.
      I specifically take pictures of the diaphragm to be seen as it really is. As to whether it is worth spending time working with the lens, everyone will decide for himself, for many he simply inherited. If you do not take infinity into account, then the sharpness in the center is quite normal by my standards: Photo 1, Photo 2. But, true, he is far from Nikkor.

• Vladisla
      10.03.2013

Listen George, I'm sorry I don’t know how old you are, and what is your photo experience, but judging by your love for SHARPNESS, you are a young man. Sharpness, far from the most important parameter in photo art, there are many more important and interesting properties in lenses. Learn and learn to see the beautiful again if you are an artist photographer.

• Yuri
        28.08.2018

I fully agree with you!

• Dmitriy
        22.06.2019

Gevorg is a well-known Moscow photographer and seller of equipment. He told the truth - this lens is bad because of poor quality, either enlightenment or blackening. It is muddy, not contrasty, like zooms with plastic aspherics. A terrible quality of mechanics - in the USSR this lens was not yet produced at Arsenal, and after the collapse of the scoop, the technical control at the enterprises apparently retired without a trace - a complete marriage began to go on sale inside the country. What was exported there, I don’t know ...

2. VALENTIN
    27.04.2012

One of Arsenal’s last breaths. The union broke up, experts died out or fled. And where to get the glass. Lytkarino is now as far away as Schott, and in Raisins they are not able to cook glass - only they let bubbles into it ...

3. Vadim
    27.05.2012

Of all the Worlds, I like Mir-24N MS. To this day I use it. It is easy to focus on it and the pictures are quite sharp. I looked at the replacement option (35mm / 1,8), but somehow the toad presses to pay 800-1000 UAH :) I also bought Samyang 8mm fisheye with an auto-exposure chip in addition to wide-angle lenses - that's it! :)) In our family - it's just a hit of the season!
    According to this, from the Worlds, judging by the pictures, the Mir-24N, so far, is unsurpassed in sharpness. I do not compare it with dear Nikon :))

27.05.2012

I also like Mir-24, but on crop it is not at all shy)

• Dmitriy
      22.06.2019

And do not compare in vain. I have survived Mir-24. It is roughly like an AF35-70 / 2,8 zoom at the short end. For the Soviet lens - this is worthy. And the best 35mm wide is Nikkor 35/2 ai-s. This phenomenal is just a lens. But even if we compare with it, then Mir-24 loses clearly only in contrast and resolution of 2,8-4. From 5,6, Mir-24 meets professional resolution criteria. Perfectly works against the light. If ours still learned to diaphragm, it’s dull to blacken and not to pour oil into the mechanisms with scoops ...

4. Eugene
    29.08.2012

I choose between Mir-20 and Mir-73. In the first, the aperture 3.5 confuses, in the second - the Ukrainian assembly. Despite the difference of 400 UAH (1200 and 1600, respectively), the CAM seller recommends taking the twentieth. In addition, I myself bought an Arsat 80-200 and saw how weakly it was assembled in comparison with Granite-11.
    Help me to understand. Great for overshooting aloof, the aperture is in aperture (2.8 versus 3.5) and is the Ukrainian assembly of this particular lens really deplorable?

29.08.2012

The difference in aperture ratio is 1.56 times, for the aperture width is not important, since most of the pictures with it are taken on closed apertures.

5. Eugene
    29.08.2012

And what? Choose a better assembled 20th? In theory, there shouldn’t be any particular nuances yet.

29.08.2012

In my opinion, yes.

6. Dima
    17.10.2012

“The lens is made of iron and glass”
    Iron (Fe) there is not a single gram. )))
    You probably wanted to say metal and glass?

17.10.2012

yes, metal.

• Igor
      13.06.2013

And what metal is the body of this lens made of?

• Artem
      24.09.2013

That is, do you think that there is no Fe in the steel from which the lens is made?

• 10111
        14.10.2013

The rim of consumer optics has never been made of steel. Specifically, in this case, it is an aluminum alloy.

• Yuri
        28.08.2018

More precisely, duralb brand D16T, which is not inferior in a similar construction of steel. You still advise to carry out lenses from the titan.

7. Novel
    25.10.2012

what advise adapter for sony alpha a580 so you can use Nikon lenses? Will using an adapter affect image quality?

25.10.2012

Any Nikon - Sony adapter, however, they are all with lenses. A lens will lower the quality of pictures.

8. Novel
    25.10.2012

I'm thinking about this adapter fotodioxpro.com/index.php/nikon-f-lens-to-sony-alpha-minolta-af-maxxum-dynax-camera-lens-mount-adapter.html

25.10.2012

It is also with a “Multi-Coated Focusing Correction Lens” lens, without a lens there will only be a macro mode of the lens.

9. Novel
    25.10.2012

will quality deterioration be very noticeable? what can worsen?

25.10.2012

Sharpness, contrast will fall.

10. Vladimir
    11.05.2013

Hunt photo from this lens on the d700 in full frame view /

11. R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
    16.09.2013

Good day! I’m looking for a wide-angle lens on Kenon 600, I liked the World 24, but set it up and I see that it is impossible to focus beyond 4 meters. Need an adapter with a lens? (I have a simple one) and what will happen if I put this one - World 73 (I don’t feel like taking an adapter with a lens).

10.04.2015

link to the review of the MC Zenitar 16mm F2.8 Fish Eye. at the beginning of the article does not work. :(

12.04.2015

It turns out that the wide-angle lens Mir-73 gives different sharpness when aiming macro and to infinity? In my opinion, if the lens is sharp, then the sharpness when aiming at different distances should be the same.

• Lynx
      12.04.2015

lyubr

• Lynx
      12.04.2015

any lens at the exit “into the infinity zone” from the “specified focusing ranges” loses sharpness. therefore, yes, on the macro most sharply.

14. Dmikab
    26.04.2015

Where to buy such a new one in a box? There used to be ads, now they’re completely gone ...

15. Novel
    05.12.2015

I need a shirik for a wedding art photo - that is, I will shoot on an open hole. And in the current economic situation, I don’t want to spend a lot of money on this. So I choose Nikkor 20 f 2.8D, Samyang 24 f1.4 or this one. What is better not to prompt?

16. Dn
    31.08.2016

Thank you so much for the review. It was after reading that I found and bought this lens. I was not very lucky - my specimen had a disgusting blur, suffered visible HA (they can be seen even in cloudy weather), the Shokapets caught hares. In the photo of Arkady this “artistic effect” is not visible, so I think that it is necessary to test each instance.

17. Igor
    30.05.2017

All these lenses have different advantages for different people: for people with a limited budget, a low price, the rest can be advised for video shooting on digital cameras, because allow you to mechanically change the diaphragm without breaking away from the shooting process.

09.07.2017

How can you photograph so stupidly on such glass?

19. 33bogatirya
    16.03.2019

Hello Arkady!
    Offer Arsat-N 2.8 / 20 in excellent condition 2002. year for 235 euros. On ebay, there are only four offers of this lens for the whole world and all are not from Ukraine. Price range from 220 euros to 250 euros. How much does this price correspond to image quality and is such a price for Arsat justified at all? Is Arsat-N 2.8 / 20 so good / rare that 235 euros are being asked for it? Similar Nikon Ai-s 2.8 / 20 costs from 300 dollars and above. How justified is the price of 235 euros for Arsat? Thanks.

• Novel
      16.03.2019

In addition to collector rarity, I see no reason whatsoever to pay so much for it. For 7000 UAH you can find on Canon OLX 20 / 2.8, for even less money - Nikon screwdriver. Both will be much more convenient in work and more contrast. With nuances, but aperture widths are all with nuances.

• Dmitry
      16.03.2019

Plus, even for such an awkward price, you are not safe from getting an open marriage, which is often the case when buying arsats, especially of late years: dust inside, sticking of the aperture blades, short-lived to infinity, and also clumsy enlightenment: it seems to be present, but on Photos are glare and hares that I want to throw out and forget like a nightmare. and suffered while Arsat 81N was chosen. But if these are inexpensive and there is plenty to choose from, in your case it’s not a big deal. Do not bother.

20. Irina
    04.06.2019

please tell me which close profile of the lens is better to indicate in the lightroom to correct distortion in the photo from this lens?