1. Ivan
    02.04.2013

Hello. The more I read your site, the more doubt I have))). Your advice on optics is very necessary. I have optics 50 1/8, 35 1/8, so I think it's worth changing 50 1/8 to 50 1/4 and buying 85 1/8, and I'm also very interested in which lens to take, which is not very expensive with a constant aperture and 17 to 70 mm?

2. Svetlana
    07.04.2013

Hello!
    Tell me, I have a Canon 550 and an 18-55 and, 50 f / 1.4 lens. I need a strong approximation, which advise the lens (for travel), preferably not very expensive. Thanks!

3. Love
    12.04.2013

Good day, Arkady. Like most readers of your articles, I am very grateful to you for such an understandable topic. Nothing superfluous, everything is concrete and understandable. Thank you for that. I ask you for advice. I need a fast zoom lens for my Nikon D800. Needed in order to shoot portraits, perhaps landscapes, small groups of people. I currently use AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm 1: 3,5 - 5,6 G ED.

12.04.2013

Portraits, landscapes and companies of people are very different directions. From aperture for a portrait 70-200 2.8 is good, for groups of people 24-70 2,8. For landscapes 16-35 4.0

• Love
        14.04.2013

Thank you very much, Arkady, for not leaving me unanswered. I will keep in mind and slowly gain experience.

4. Ales
    13.04.2013

Good afternoon, Arkady. Please advise the lens for nikon 3100. I rent children everywhere and always: for a walk, at home, day and evening. I try to use the flash less, but it doesn’t always work out clearly. I also don't have enough zoom. But from very expensive advise. And further. For some reason, the settings get lost when I switch from one mode to another. For example, from a portrait in a car.

5. Zhenya
    05.05.2013

Good day Arkady.
    Your resource enlightened me very much in matters of photographic equipment and lenses, thank you very much for that.
    I think I’ll take a Canon 600 \ 650, the whale lens offers 18-55 with and without a stabilizer. The difference in price is 400 UAH. Not that much, but does it make sense to overpay for the stabilizer on the lens with such an angle?
    maybe it’s better to take 18-55 without a stabilizer, and add the difference to the purchase of a 70-300 lens?

With uv. Evgeny

6. Vladimir
    06.05.2013

Good afternoon Arkady. Please your opinion on the Nikon 12-24mm f / 4G ED-IF AF-S DX and its main application. Thanks.

7. Alexey
    10.05.2013

Arkady !! please tell me which lens to buy for work in a night club?!?!? Carcass canon 5d markII. I think canon EF 35 / 1.4 l or better some kind of zoom !?

8. Oleg
    03.06.2013

Greetings Arkady. I bought a Pentax k-30 with kit 18-55 AL. I have old Industar and Helios lenses, but for some reason I can’t catch the sharpness. The viewfinder is normal, but the result is “soapy”.

9. Gennady
    03.06.2013

Hi Arkady! I'm interested in your opinion about the wide-angle nozzles that are wound around the lens, I'm sure you had to experience this. Thanks.

10. Victor
    03.06.2013

Arkady, tell Helios 81H on the NikonD5000 will work and how focus confirmation will be implemented. And where can I order it and at what price. Thank you.

11. Alexandra
    10.06.2013

hello, could you tell me which one is still better to buy a portrait, I have a Nicon D 7000 camera. for example, my friend has a lens portrait Canon Lens EF 50 mm 1: 1.8
    is there anything better than him? but not very expensive

19.06.2013

Good day! I want to ask. Tell me which portrait portrait is suitable for Sony A65. I want to achieve perfectly beautiful portrait shoots

13. lylya
    19.06.2013

19.06.2013

SIGMA AF 85 f / 1.4 EX DG HSM for Sony would be a good option

• Nina
        19.07.2013

Hello, Arkady. I am a beginner photographer, I plan to buy a Canon 60 d 18-135mm (EF-S, f / 3.5-5.6 IS), the budget is limited, in your opinion, in order to shoot professionally is it weak or?

14. Vitalina
    02.07.2013

I have Nikon d3000, standard lens 18-55 ... What lenses would you recommend next?
    For the mountain landscape and architecture?

15. Igor
    19.07.2013

Hello, Arkady. On my nikon d3100 at the moment the lens is Nikon 18-105mm f / 3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX NIKKOR, I want a faster lens, with a better picture, better bokeh lens. There is also a Helius 81n / 2.0, but it is only for unhurried filming. I stopped at the Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM, first I wanted the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50 mm f / 1,8G, but I realized that sometimes the zoom is ok, and the wide angle is in demand. Can you advise more options. Sincerely, Igor. And thanks for the interesting side!

16. gene
    23.07.2013

Tell me, is it worth changing the 18-55 kit to the 18-105 kit or tell me which lens to add the 18 camera to the 55-3100, or your version of the lens for shooting children, portrait, landscape.

27.07.2013

then 18-200

17. Elena Smirnova
    31.07.2013

Hello! Advise a crop camera (I tend to Nikon D90, but I will consider your advice for both Nikon and Canon) and a fixed lens. purpose of shooting: newborn babies in ordinary apartments (without flash and the ability to move far from the subject). interested in close-ups. tell me a normal lens, not the cheapest, but not exorbitantly expensive ...

31.07.2013

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50 mm f / 1,8G,

18. Dilshod
    02.08.2013

Good day, Arkady! Very interesting article, thank you very much. I have a question for you: we bought a Canon 500d body, we don’t know which lens to take, in principle, the budget allows us to take more expensive, we are amateur photographers, but we are thinking about developing and therefore I want to immediately take a good one for nature photography and portraits. Please advise. Thank you in advance

19. koksalek
    05.08.2013

Good day! I plan to take the Pentax K 5-II with a standard lens. I want another lens for filming with a large (moderately) approximation. Advise a couple of reasonably priced lenses. Thanks!

20. Elena Smirnova
    05.08.2013

Thanks for your answer, anonymous! Another question: does it make sense to take a Nikon 5200 carcass (fresh version) instead of the outdated d90? After all, the af-s lens will focus on 5200, so why do we need motor carcasses? if they advise taking af-s lenses, but they do not advise more affordable af ... I got confused in 3 pines - in d90, d7000 and d5200 ...

12.08.2013

d7000 will be better, and a fast lens to it!

12.08.2013

and I agree, and the d3100 can be perfectly shot, the SB700 flash. lens 35,1.8 or 50-1.8

21. Dmitry (anonymous)
    10.08.2013

Elena, it’s better to spend money on a good lens and flash, and you can make great pictures with Nikon 3100! For myself, Nikon 3200 would take.

22. Marina
    16.08.2013

Can you please tell me ... I want to buy an L-class canon lens to blur the background well ... So that I could not only carry out a single photo session with them, but also a family one ...
    Thanks in advance!

23. marina
    16.08.2013

And the price is up to $ 1000

24. Dmitriy
    18.08.2013

Canon EF 24-105mm f / 4L IS USM ,,,, but the fix draws more beautifully than bokeh.

25. Elena Smirnova
    18.08.2013

For my purposes (described above) I was advised Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50 mm f / 1,8G, ... please explain why 35 1.8 is worse for these purposes (shooting newborn close-ups)? It's just that some people advise him, like 50 is a lot and inconvenient, and 35 is just right ... or at 35 I won't take a close-up? Forgive me for such primitive questions, there is no way to try everything in practice, so I ask you to go and buy and understand ...