replies: 1 530

1. Elena
    14.06.2021

Good day! Maybe someone will tell you, otherwise the head will burst))
    A beginner photographer, I want to go into business. At the moment I have a carcass d3100, fix 35, kit 18-55 and Helios81n. I shoot portraits (studio and street). In the very near future I will take 50mm.
    But the question about the carcass. I definitely want to change. I understand that there is no money for ff now, even if I find used something worthwhile, optics in the form of one fifty dollars is clearly not enough.
    Is it worth taking the same crop to replace the d3100, but, say, d7100 or d7200? Will there be a noticeable difference in the picture, not in ergonomics, etc.?
    Or would you recommend something else from Nikonov?

• Novel
      14.06.2021

On the one hand, when you have an autofocus fifty-kopeck piece, you are unlikely to actively use 18-55 for portraits and will switch between 35/50, switching to kit only for a rare wide angle.

On the other hand, when you buy a full frame, you will no longer have enough fifty dollars and you want the equivalent 85, but you don’t have it.

It is quite possible to shoot normal portraits on crop, the skill rules more than any camera. If you have grown out of 3100, then try 7200, do not cycle on the size of the matrix.

• Ivan
      15.06.2021

You haven't explained why you want to change the camera. You will not see any difference in the picture. If you are a beginner photographer, then most likely you are far from commerce. Level up.

2. Arina
    02.12.2021

Good day. Advise on what to switch to in the future with nikon d3100.
    I shoot for stocks, sometimes I want a little more resolution, more opportunities for focusing and shooting not only in perfect lighting. I shoot mostly the subject. There is an objective 50. I don’t want to change the optics, so I think within the limits of Nikon.
    It is important for me that it is not too heavy (I shoot not only from a tripod but also from my hands, but I cannot hold it in my hands for a long time).
    I don't know crop or full frame. Or, for such purposes, it makes no sense to stay within Nikon in general to switch to something like Panasonic? I know that many stockers shoot like this (small lungs, etc.).
    The budget is limited, so I will consider a new budget or bu.

• Seladir
      02.12.2021

The most painless option is a Nikon crop with a 24MP sensor and more focusing points, such as the Nikon D5200 or newer from the XNUMX line.

Panasonic will give you less resolution, and with full frame it will be more difficult to achieve a greater depth of field in the subject, you will have to close the aperture more.

• Seladir
      02.12.2021

If it's still a full frame, then you can see a used Sony A7R Mark II - a high-quality sensor with a high resolution and they are not super expensive.

03.12.2021

Hello, amateur photographers and the author of the site,
    I'm starting to master photography hobby. I am fond of nature photography (landscapes, sometimes macro). I use nikon 3100. bought new in 2010. At first I used a whale lens with auto adjustments. But after a while (as it seems to me, the sharpness in the photo has disappeared). How did I know this - registered on shutterstock (photoblog) and the bot determines that there is no sharpness or focus.
    I changed the lens to fifty and the problem remained. Sometimes there are photos that are sharp, in focus, but more often not. I read this blog, tried using D-Lighting. Little has changed.
    What is the reason, maybe the reason, in the lens itself or what else? How to check what is in it?
    How to set it up correctly? I have been fighting with sharpness for six months now. I would be glad to any useful advice!

• Dmitriy
      11.12.2021

Yes, anything can be, according to such a description it is difficult to judge without examples. First, put on a tripod and shoot under good conditions (during the day, not against the light, no evaporation, etc.) at low ISO and covered aperture in A or M mode, with standard image settings. First through liveview, then through the viewfinder, and so on several paired frames at different distances. So check the focus sensors. Well, check the lens on another camera.

13.02.2022

Good day. Please tell me the solution to the problem with the viewfinder, it is very yellow. Photos come out normal. Maybe from time to time ... the carcass is 12 years old.

13.02.2022

I have a Nikon D90 2008 and there are no such problems.

14.02.2022

Everyone is silent. I am attaching a photo. Maybe someone came across this. The filter is not wound.

• Alexander
      14.02.2022

one more photo.

• Alexander
        14.02.2022

Arkady, maybe you have encountered such a malfunction. You used a lot of old technology in the reviews!

14.02.2022

Most likely, the frosted glass of the viewfinder was flooded with something, rain, moisture, or something else. Remove the lens, look at the mirror shaft and frosted glass. If it is yellow - you should change it, it's inexpensive.

• Alexander
        14.02.2022

Thanks Arkady. I looked at the frosted glass, which is normal, and the lens with diopter adjustment from the inside is flooded. I will disassemble and clean.

7. Anastasia
    04.07.2022

Hello, can someone here help?
    I'm a complete beginner and I don't understand if the synchronizer from studio flashes will work with this camera
    Do they connect to it at all?

05.07.2022

And why does a perfect beginner need synchronization with studio flashes?) If you want, you can synchronize.

05.07.2022

Watching what. If the usual synchro is for ordinary commercial boxes in the studio, then it will be.

8. Mari
    05.08.2022

Good afternoon, Arkady and all
    Tell me, will the Sigma 35mm f1.4 lens fit this camera?

05.08.2022

if the lens is with a Nikon F mount, then yes, it will do. But it's a full-frame lens. Better look at Sigma 30 / 1.4 ART for d3100

• Mari
        07.08.2022

Crazy!

• Mari
        17.08.2022

Hello again. Please give me a recommendation. I want to eventually purchase a used Nikon full-frame camera (or Fiji, Sony) Which ones to look at, so that not the old version and price-quality ratio? (I photograph mostly portraits)

17.08.2022

Fiji doesn't have full frame cameras. Only crop and cSF. There are many cameras, a lot depends on your needs, desires and budget. The newest model possible for you. + Optics is also a very important point.

• Mari
        18.08.2022

Yes understood.

9. Eugene
    26.08.2023

Good afternoon. And how does this camera record video with radian manual lenses? Chi varto take it, I’m just looking for a budget camera with the possibility of video recording.

26.08.2023

removes without problems

• Eugene
        26.08.2023

Dyakoy)

• Marina
        01.01.2024

Good day.
        Please tell me, I want to buy my own camera for myself, I’m wondering how to get a Nikon d3100, d3200 and d5100??
        And also the objective. You can take the carcass with a Nikon 18-105 mm or Nikon 35mm F1.8 AF-S lens.
        Very grateful for your testimony

01.01.2024

In general, I recommend d5100 and 18-105

• Marina
        01.01.2024

Shiro dyakuyu))

27.08.2023

Znimaє, only without af, zvіsno) ale af video on the Nikon Central Concert Hall ... that's it.

22.09.2023

It should be noted that the video recording mode is 10 minutes - only at 720p resolution; at maximum resolution, the videos are shorter, if I'm not mistaken, 5 minutes.

27.09.2023

Hello, for intraoral photography (dentistry), what lens do you recommend? Body D3100

28.09.2023

Macro. Or close to it.

12. Irina
    12.04.2024

Hello! Please tell me a long-focal lens suitable for the D3100 (for photographing birds).

13. Irina
    18.04.2024

Thank you!) There is such a lens, few people can catch it. In my work, by the way, I liked the 55-200mm better.
    I would like to know the options so that I can at least imagine the desired budget))
    It might be better to think about changing the carcass in order to have a larger selection of optics..

14. Anna
    06.05.2024

Hi all. There is a problem with the Nikon 3100, in manual mode I can’t set the shutter speed to more than 1/250, I set it to darken part of the photo, the longer the shutter speed, the larger the darkening field. What could this be, please tell me?

06.05.2024

turn off the flash

15. Марія
    05.06.2024

Good afternoon) can you tell me if you can take photographs on a Nikon d3100 without a memory card?

• Wake up
      05.06.2024

I checked it yesterday. Stores two frames in a buffer. But these photos will not be saved