1. Nikita
    05.01.2013

Please tell me EXIF ​​fits automatically?
    I bought a Nikon D3100 in the photos there is no data on the camera and settings (EXIF).
    I really want to have, really very useful data.
    What needs to be done? Or is there no such function on amateur DSLRs?
    Thank you very much.

05.01.2013

Fits automatically, D3100 also enters this data.

• Ant
        04.12.2014

And how is it read? Say, the author of the photo and those to whom he sent it?

• Ant
        04.12.2014

The easiest way to watch EXIF ​​is directly from the browser, it’s very convenient - you searched for an interesting image, found it on the Internet and immediately looked at EXIF ​​using the “information about images” function. True, this does not work in all browsers, but special plugins are just a darkness.
        Arkady, ABOUT THESE PLUGINS Would you say more in detail? So I would like the person to whom I am sending my photo to know its origin. Or, on the contrary, did not know this data. How it's done? Camera Nikon D7000.

04.12.2014

Use any advanced editor that can manipulate EXIF ​​data, I use Lightroom, Fasstone, etc. Good EXIF ​​viewer (IMHO - the best) by link http://regex.info/exif.cgi

exif is not edited by hand tools, because it is “correct” shooting data, which in general cannot be changed.

2. Yaroslav
    08.01.2013

…interesting topic. I remember 1994. I was 11 years old and my aunt gave me a film camera "Smena-8m" ... Inspired by buying the film, I started to shoot .... It's time to develop this very film ... and then BACKUP one shot (still lying around somewhere with me), took home a chandelier - it showed up, the rest was not readable: (.... then a couple more unsuccessful films ... and then I figured to write down all the shooting conditions in a notebook (weather, settings of the device, film ...) and further analyze. Later it became possible to get literature about photography and classes in a school photo circle, where an experienced photographer explained to me the concepts of shutter speed, aperture, etc. And then a lot of cameras passed through my hands FED-2,3,5 Zorky-2C, ZENIT -E, TTL , KIEV - 17, Lyubitel-2, - 166, (medium format) ... There was still Viliya, I don't remember the model ... But the point is not - the point is that it was not possible to analyze each picture under the conditions and settings it was taken) if not written in notebook :)). And now it's easier to open the file and everything is available :) PS Sorry for the flood - I just wanted to share :)

08.01.2013

Thank you) This is an interesting advantage of digital cameras over film.

• BB
        09.07.2015

Some cameras (for example, Nikon F80 with a special cover) can imprint some shooting parameters in the inter-frame interval :-)
        Of course, this does not compare with the amount of data in exif

• Kostya
      01.03.2017

Strange affair. My mother, when I was in kindergarten, also gave me a shift-8m. Only, apparently, she explained that it was necessary to set focus and shutter speed (there are direct distances and types of lighting on the lens are drawn. I did not touch the aperture at all. And basically everything turned out.

• Oleg
        01.03.2017

Exactly. Aperture from 4 to 5,6, and shutter speed according to icons (sun-clouds…). And the film is mostly 64. Less often 125, and in exceptional cases 32 :)

3. Alex
    15.01.2013

Arkady, Hello! Here I have such a chip adapter, there are Helios 44-2, Helios 44-3, Helios-44-7 lenses. There is also a Carl Zeiss lens 50mm. Tell me if I understood correctly, you can shoot on a chip lens, but do not enter its parameters, use only the aperture and sharpness setting. Thank you!

16.01.2013

Yes, you can.

4. Valery
    04.02.2013

Hello Arkady. What is the program “ShowExif” where can I get it or download it. Is it in Russian? Thanks.

5. Valery
    04.02.2013

I apologize to Arkady. I found this program and even in Russian. I don’t really know how it works yet. If someone needs it, here is the link: http://www.videozona.ru/software/ShowExif/showexif.asp

6. Phantom Memory
    16.02.2013

Crimea?! Cape Kapchik ?!

7. Katya
    21.02.2013

Tell me, on the Nikon camera you can specify the author, the owner of the camera somewhere in the settings, so that in exif it will be displayed later.

21.02.2013

Yes you can. Ownership settings or owner information. In different cameras, this menu is in different places.

• Benjamin
      20.04.2015

Yes you can. In comments.

8. Jury
    17.03.2013

Hello, please tell me whether it is possible to add EXIF ​​data to the photo from the program (not manually), approximately like yours?

• Stepan
      30.04.2013

I menі tіkave nutrition Yurіya

03.05.2013

Hello, Arkady. Tell me please, where to register authorship in Nikon D90, covered all the settings, and besides adding comments to the photo, I didn’t find anything. Or do I need to register in the comments that the author is me? Thank you in advance.

10. Gregory
    13.06.2013

Dear Arkady, let me ask you a question: “Since I'm a beginner in photography (just a“ kettle ”), I got a Nikon D5100 camera. I could not find, having climbed all the camera menus, the timer button to take a picture together with a group of people. You are welcome,
    for more details explain to me how and where and in what place of the menu, it can be used.
    I was prompted to press the "Fn" button. By clicking on it, the timer did not turn on. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards, Gregory.

• stalker
      14.06.2013

Gregory, would you read the instructions for your camera ...

08.10.2013

I have a JPG photo taken with d7000, for some reason the EXIF ​​data is not saved. I opened it with the ShowExif program, but instead of data it writes Not possible to define. I climbed all the menu - to no avail. Moreover, photos in NEF format have EXIF ​​data, not only in JPG. Can someone tell me if they encountered?

• Anatoly Snezhan
      14.11.2013

Yes-ah-ah-ah, Andrei, the question, of course, is an interesting ... It's a pity, there is no one to answer!

• Benjamin
      20.04.2015

Andrey, quite complete data is given by ... proprietary software Nikon ViewNX2 - any version.

12. Benjamin
    27.12.2013

Is the serial number of Nikkor lenses written in EXIF ​​and, if so, which program can I view it?

• Benjamin
      20.04.2015

Yes, it is prescribed.

• Benjamin
        20.04.2015

Sorry, only the serial number of the camera.

03.03.2014

The question about the range finder on some lenses shows the distance to the subject and doesn’t show on the kit 18-55 and d5100, or should I turn it on somewhere ???

14. Sandy
    09.07.2014

Arkady, and with what program do you fit EXIF ​​into your photos? Thanks in advance.

• Ant
      04.12.2014

It fits in by itself - this is understandable, but why does it not manifest itself in any way? Here I have sent a photo, and there EXIF ​​will be read. Or do they need a program?

15. Ant
    04.12.2014

I found the author right away to write-enter the author, but HOW to change the entry in the same place, erase signs, words - fuck it! I cannot change the early inscription.

16. Jury
    08.02.2015

NIKON D7000:
    MENU / SETUP MENU (in the same place where the date was set) / Info. copyright notice / Photographer> English keyboard opens (enter your details) / OK
    Ibid., Below:
    Copyright> English keyboard opens (enter your details) / OK.

Change the old inscription or correct the error: click on the basket, which remove the photo from the memory card.

I think the same in the D90.

17. Jury
    08.02.2015

Yes, watch EXIF ​​immediately after shooting, if you're interested. Open the photo (button at the top) and “scroll through” the information about the photo with the multi selector (where “Ok” is written in the middle): up and down. If everything is indicated there, then it will show everywhere.
    In the computer EXIF ​​can be viewed through the right mouse button: find the photo, click on it with the right fly from the drop-down menu - "Properties". This can be done in both “My Computer” and “Total Commander”.
    Very convenient virtual storage for storing photos on yandex. There is a service https://fotki.yandex.ru
    Select a photo to view: https://fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/ez5iod/album/467979/view/1287990
    At the bottom of the line, the last three dots, hover the cursor and click, in the Menu select “Show EXIF”, click and see.

18. BB
    09.07.2015

Here's a question, maybe someone knows: I have a Nikon SB-900 flash, it comes with color correction filters. The flash and the camera “know” which filter is currently installed. Can you see this in exif?

Filmed in a cafe with incandescent lamps, there is very little light. First I shot without a filter, then with a filter - mostly puff to the ceiling + “white card” + a couple of times the second puff to the ceiling (for some reason, at the other end of the small hall, the slave puff did not see the presenter in Nikon CLS mode).

17.09.2015

EXIF will help determine how worn out the shutter of a particular control unit of the camera. The Total Number of Shutter Releases parameter displays the number in the order in which the shutter is clicked (“mileage” of the camera).

17.09.2015

For Canon cameras with DIGIC IV processors, the shutter mileage is determined using the EOS Info program. The processor model can be found in the description of the camera specifications. For Canon EOS 50d, EOS 60d, EOS 550d, EOS600d, EOS 1000d cameras, the shutter mileage can be found using the alternative Magic Lantern firmware.

21. Lion0608
    14.01.2016

Cool stuff.
    I kept thinking that you can somehow charge MediaInfo, a masthead that I use for video, to this, but it turned out they are not connected. ShowExif also downloaded, it seems to be as informative as possible. Windows properties also partially indicate shooting data, but for some reason they are not in jpg and they are not convenient.

For me, as a beginner, it turned out to be useful in some cases. Often, I don’t remember how many settings I changed in different modes, but the measure for me is the result of auto modes. Somewhere I prefer my own settings, somewhere less. Unfortunately, I do not store photos on an SD card, and therefore I have to compare shooting parameters on other media.

22. Lion0608
    15.01.2016

By the way, if I'm not too tired of my research) Who actively uses not only the FS, but the whole Adobe package (MK), it is very convenient to watch exif data in the bridge. And not only watch, but also filter by different parameters, focal length, etc.

23. Oleg
    21.06.2016

Hello! After replacing the shutter exif went astray, shows 2000. What to do?

• Sergey
      21.06.2016

In the camera settings, set the correct date and time.

• Oleg
        21.06.2016

Exactly, I did everything. It’s easy, it turns out. But the fact is that I came across comments on this subject, from which it could be concluded that the matter is very difficult, etc. Thank you!
        Best regards,
        Oleg

24. Michael
    22.08.2016

Arkady, how do you imprint the data on the shooting parameters for the pictures? Searched, but did not find anything.

22.08.2016

Using FastStone Photo Resizer

• Michael
        22.08.2016

Thank you for the answer and the great work that you do for a huge number of people passionate about photography. So for example, thanks to your reviews, I changed my Nikon D5100 to D300s. More recently, Helios 18H and Nikon E 70 / 3,5 took Nikon 4,5-81 / 100-2,8 to the main lens.

• Lynx
      22.08.2016

in FastStone - batch change of files (F3) in the settings thereof, the “text” tab there you can add variables taken by the program from the exe

25. Yaroslav
    16.07.2017

And please tell me, the lens 17-55 f2,8 dx for all editors shows FR 38 on all FR tests! The result is the same

16.07.2017