1. Go
    02.06.2012

Sell ​​for 650-700 cu
    Included: [D80] + [18-70 kit] + [50-200] + [sb-400 flash] + [wires and everything else]. Mileage about 4000-5000, did not drop, did not bathe.
    Is it worth spending that amount?

02.06.2012

I would bargain.

• Go
        02.06.2012

Thank. I'll try.

2. Dima
    05.06.2012

Good afternoon, Arkady. I ask for advice.
    It is possible to buy Nikon D3000 Body (10t. Mileage) for 2200 UAH.
    Or Nikon D80 Body (30t. Mileage) for 3000 UAH.
    What do you advise? I want to do photography just above the amateur level.
    The site is super, I am your regular guest.

05.06.2012

Then I recommend the D80, which is an advanced hobbyist camera that goes above the D3000.

• Dima
        05.06.2012

Arkady, and if you compare the Nikon 80D with the Canon 40D, is there a significant difference? or it’s not worth overpaying, because I don’t find yet cheaper 4000UAH

05.06.2012

You decide on the system - Nikon or Canon - then everything depends on that.

3. Dima
    05.06.2012

I wanted Nikon, read your articles and learned a lot of nuances about manual optics and now I look closely at what you can get from Canon. I want something budgetary for working with manual optics

23.06.2012

Canon 1100D. But one trifle - all the old Nikon optics since 1961 have been digital and will work, but with Kenon, this trick will not work, they changed the mount when switching to digital.

4. J-fx
    09.07.2012

hello, thanks for the tests and in general for a great site, I began to get acquainted with photographic equipment from here, the articles are simply reference!

a couple of questions

1) in the comments, you repeatedly write what you need to check for broken / hot pixels before buying - can you tell me how to do this (preferably in detail)? in the near future I will take one of the cameras (question 2), and of course I would like to be fully armed (well, so that they simply do not deceive)

2) between D50 and D70s - where to stop? at the price are almost the same, 70th is possible to see before buying, D50 - for shipment; lenses for the first time helios (for there are), then - Nikon's 50 / 1,4G; what do you think?

10.07.2012

1) close the lens cover, set ISO 1600, aperture F16 (optional) and shutter speed on the order of a second. Take a picture - if there are luminous points, then these are hot pixels, they are practically invisible at low ISO.
      2) better than 70-tku, it has faster cards and has a command mode with flash.

• Alexander
        11.01.2013

Arkady, have you mixed up anything? Who checks for broken pixels at high ISO? In my opinion, verification is always done at the minimum

11.01.2013

It is possible at high, at high, the result is more clearly visible, but due to noise, you can make a mistake in recognizing dead pixels / noise, therefore, at low, you can do more accurately.

5. Dima
    10.07.2012

Hello, we bought a D80 with a whale 18-55 without a stabilizer. There was no mirror technology before this unit. The first nuance that surfaced during the first days of acquaintance is that the focus is lost. I bring it to the person, and as a result to the photo it turns out that the device focused either a little further, or closer to something else. Is it with the lens side or with the camera? The second one is that in normal auto mode (green camera on the mode wheel) the device sometimes literally goes crazy. It happens on a sunny day that takes a very long shutter speed and smears everything. Is this a feature or is it still problematic?

11.07.2012

Focusing problems can be due to a million reasons, usually a poor understanding of focusing. Regarding a sunny day, the D80 sometimes anneals with exposure, but usually there are no such serious problems. Perhaps flashing the device will help.

• Dima
        11.07.2012

Thanks article! read, very useful and accessible for people like me. Understandable human language. From that page I followed the link even further: about the settings - like life is getting better.

6. Dima
    14.07.2012

I found broken pixels on my camera, what should I do? Damn, why didn’t I immediately check the camera on them when I bought it, and now I don’t return it - I took the used one in the shopping center.

14.07.2012

Absolutely not deadly. In fact, more than half of the d80s that I met have hot or broken pixels. On my D200 there are more than 30 of them and I am not worried about this at all.

• Dima
        14.07.2012

thanks for the reassurance. I have only 3 of them and the fourth one is in question. In my opinion, even in the store can’t be changed due to marriage with such a quantity. It is visible only in dark photos.

7. vladimir
    02.08.2012

there is a note of nikon d80 with a shot of 26000 frames for 2800 UAH. Is it worth taking or not?

02.08.2012

If everything else is in order, then it's worth it. The number of shutter releases is not the most important indicator. My D80 camera has already taken about 150.000 shots, its counter started ticking backwards.

03.08.2012

What's better, Nikon d 80 Or nikon d3100? I think. The quality of the pictures is the best. I don’t need a video. I’ll go pick it up tomorrow. Please help, give an answer.

03.08.2012

Image quality is better with the D3100.

• Andrei
        03.08.2012

9. Maksim
    04.08.2012

Arkady, tell me how much the DD in 5100 and D80 differs. There are not enough finances for expensive engine windows, but the kit doesn’t work .. here are some thoughts to change 5100 to D80 or d90 (the latter is said to be very noisy)

04.08.2012

D80 makes much more noise than D90. The D90 is a great camera. DD D5100 and D80 differ by almost 2 (TWO) stops, since the D5100 has an excellent matrix from the D7000, and the D80 has a damn old matrix from the D200 in a single body kit. But personally I like the colors on Nikon D80, D200 at ISO 100, 200 much more than even on Nikon D700. Therefore, the choice is really not easy. If I were you, I would not change the D5100 for something else, third-party manufacturers have good cheap alternatives to good lenses.

• Maksim
        02.09.2012

D5100 even sold, the lack of a screwdriver is not the only reason)) now I’m racking my brains)) buy a new 7000 or take a bu 80+ fix and puff, but as Nikon releases a replacement d700 switch to FF. what do you think?

• Maksim
        02.09.2012

i.e. buy bu 700

02.09.2012

Could be so.

• Maksim
        02.09.2012

Arkady, you have photographs taken under the same conditions at 80 and 5100/7000 I want to understand how big the difference is? photo is not my job ... but for the soul))

10. vladimir
    04.08.2012

thanks, I will keep in mind

11. Kostya
    09.08.2012

Hi!
    There is such a function as Center-Weight. I don’t understand what it is! Explain pliz and what is affected by its change!

09.08.2012

This applies to metering. There are three main methods: matrix, point, and center-weighted. Affects the area over which exposure is determined.

12. Kostya
    09.08.2012

those. if it is larger then the area by which the exposure is determined is also larger, right?

09.08.2012

13. Kostya
    09.08.2012

Thanks for clarifying! Very grateful)

14. R'RёS,R ° F "RёR№
    19.08.2012

Good day! August 8 on the site http://www.ok-buy ordered a ML-L3 Nikon D80 remote control. Yesterday I received it, tried to shoot in the evening ... It didn't work. I went to bed rastroin ... In the morning I decided to ask for help in the internet, I got to your site, and after reading your comment, I realized that fools are not sowed or plowed, they are born themselves! This is me about myself! It is necessary to read carefully the manual for the camera! Including everything, as you advised, got a positive result! Thanks you! And, about the site http://www.ok-buyI can recommend it. Remote on many sites costs thousands! He came to me for 240 rubles, and not a penny more! Yes, not branded, Chinese, but which of these works! And this is the most important thing! Sincerely, Vitaliy.

19.08.2012

Glad for you that everything worked out for you.

15. Maksim
    03.09.2012

Arkady, even bought this device for himself ... basically happy with Geleus 44 gives much better pictures than on d5100. I ordered 50 1.8d but there is no wide angle, tell me what is better to look for - buy preferably a screwdriver (used) + I plan to switch to FF in 3-4 months

03.09.2012

Cheap wide-angle from a full frame for use on crop does not exist. You can see Tamron 28-75 2.8 https://radojuva.com.ua/2012/04/tamron-af-28-75mm-f2-8-nikon/

• Maksim
        03.09.2012

Nikkor AF 28-105mm 1: 3,5-4,5 D MACRO what do you say?

03.09.2012

The screwdriver lens is old and not darkish. Not used, I can’t say anything.

• Maksim
        03.09.2012

FOR 1000g. suggest, better it will be better than 18-105

16. Maksim
    03.09.2012

03.09.2012

I would not say 18-105 has VR and ED, IF

17. Victor
    07.09.2012

Today I became the owner of the D-80, mileage 41770, the lens in the kit QUANTARAY for NIKON AF 18-125mm 1: 3.5-5.6 DiO Maid in JAPAN MULTI-COATED 62mm. I chose for a long time, thanks to your website, where there is a huge amount of information, I stopped at D -80, of course I would like D-90, but the budget allowed this camera. Perfect condition. Arkady, I have a whale lens from D3000 18-55. What do you advise to do with it if you have the above? I sit, read the instructions. I really liked the camera, picked it up and did not want to let it out.

07.09.2012

Give someone 18-55, it's hard for me to figure out what to do with it. Congratulations on your purchase.

• Maksim
      10.09.2012

or sell it to me, for not expensive)) otherwise it is not convenient with one fix)

18. Maksim
    08.09.2012

Arkady, good afternoon! Can't figure out the sb-700 on my d80? more precisely with fast synchronization. When the flash is on the camera, shutter speed to 1/4000 is not a problem, and when I try to control the flash remotely, the shutter speed is limited to 1/200, can I increase it and how?

08.09.2012

In remote control mode C, turn off the built-in flash (put a dash -), then everything will work out.

19. Maksim
    08.09.2012

exactly))) built-in does not have fast synchronization….
    thank you very much!!!! as always helping out))

20. Maksim
    08.09.2012

Arkady, another question)) when you select any focus point except the central one, the focus illumination on the camera (d80) does not work as soon as the central illumination is selected, it works ... can I fix it? otherwise it is not convenient to frame the frame in the dark (((thanks for the answers !!

08.09.2012

This is a feature of this camera.

• Maksim
        09.09.2012

thanks, otherwise I already broke my head

21. Vladimir
    10.09.2012

Good afternoon Arkady.
    Tell me where you can buy a used camera type d90 - d80 - d7000?

10.09.2012

Through the Internet - slando, aukro, at flea markets on forums

• Christina
      20.09.2012

I will sell nikon d80 bu (brand new) at an affordable price)

22. Vladimir
    10.09.2012

What is better d80 or d200?

23. Vladimir
    10.09.2012

I want to buy another carcass and I can’t choose

10.09.2012

D200 is a class higher, the image quality is the same.

24. Maksim
    11.09.2012

Arkady needs your help, or rather advice) camera d80, glass 50 1,8 + geleus 44, puff sb-700. I thought I could do without a wide angle, but something is not very good ... the panorama does not always stick together)). Please advise which lens to look at? I plan to switch to FF, but I don’t know how soon, but at spring rush it’s for sure.

25. Misha
    08.10.2012

In your opinion, at what ISO value does the D80 have the largest DD?

08.10.2012

I never thought about it, I can’t say.