1. Olga
    27.07.2020

Good day! My question is, does this lens work on cropped lenses like 50, and full frame like 35? Or like 50 on full frame, and on cropped like 85?

• Pokemon
      27.07.2020

The 50 / 1.4D lens was created in film times. On ff 50mm, on crop the ether will be 75mm.

• Olga
        27.07.2020

Thank! I liked it at 80, and at 610 somehow less. I use little, but I would like more). I don't like 1,4 at all, but I want bokeh.

2. Olga
    31.07.2020

Good day! Please compare it to the Nikon AF-S 50mm f / 1.4G Lens. Is there a difference?

31.07.2020

Yes, there is, not in favor of the D-version.

• Olga
        01.08.2020

Does it make sense to change D to G, or the difference won't be significant? Nikon 610 camera.

3. Igor
    16.09.2020

Good day ))
    I would like to get some advice on what to choose from 50 mm
    Nikon AF-S 50mm f / 1.8G
    Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm 1: 1.4 (very first with metal ring)
    I've been looking for a review of the old man for several days now and can't find it.

Carcass D3s.

Rather, the question is even this - the ancient AF is not inferior in image quality to AF-S?
    Autofocus noise is almost indifferent to me.

16.09.2020

Nikon AF-S 50mm f / 1.8G is the best option. The old 50 1.4 af on the open one is noticeably worse than the new one by 1.8.

• Alexander
        22.02.2021

Here is the answer. That is why after purchasing Nikon AF-S 50mm f / 1.8G my hitherto sharp Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm 1: 1.4D suddenly became not sharp. I sinned on the invisible plaque on the glass, I picked up the filter. And all to no avail.

4. Igor
    16.09.2020

Thank! I settled on your pages and nothing else is needed))
    Good luck to you!

5. Vladimir
    12.01.2022

I have a MANUAL 50 F 1,4 AI, the optical scheme is the same, even AF is considered better, unfortunately there is nothing to compare, there is nothing like that, I can only post a photo at aperture “2”, there is sharpness at 1,4, but you can do it half-length portrait only

6. Vladimir
    12.01.2022

Nikon 300D camera

7. William Carter
    11.06.2022

Hi to all of you photos out there. I shoot with all Nikon D lenses. They have a great character. I also have a Sigma. The Nikon are just as sharp. With the Nikons they have their own image rendering. Like the old days The D lenses are great lenses to shoot with. They are sharp. Just not clinically sharp. And sometimes that is a bad thing. Also the sharpness of the Sigma is like watching a 4k program. The world is not 4k. The only thing i found between the old and new lenses. Is there a bit more clarity with the new lenses. Which is not a bad thing, as they do produce very nice images. And worth every penny. Is'nt a shame that wives, and husbands don't understand. Be well everyone. Maybe our paths will cross someday.

11.06.2022

Thanks.

8. Hleb
    19.10.2023

Good evening, for some reason the Nikon D810 only has aperture control that doesn’t work
    In manual mode on the d80 everything works. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

• Andrei
      25.01.2024

Your question is unclear due to lack of punctuation. Place a question mark somewhere and capitalize after the period.